7.03.2011

Seven Favorite Libations

Hi all!  Thanks for coming by.  This blog already has more page views than 3 of my other failed blogs after only three days live.  Let's pick up some momentum and get some more comments in here.  Even if you email me your private comments!  I have been thinking about this blog a lot and have a lot of really fun ideas planned.  Seriously, stay tuned.  Onward and upward. 

KM is my dear friend and roommate as well as today's guest blogger.  As I said, Devyn takes Sundays off.  Devyn also likes to refer to herself in the third person like a goof.  I am pleased to present to you her seven today, as emailed directly from her:


KM's Seven Favorite Libations:

1. Kiltlifter. It is the single greatest beer I have had, thus far. It is only made and sold in Arizona. It is a darker beer. Not very hoppy which I love. It's best on tap but the bottle is the next best thing. It just recently became available in cans...no bueno. Try it...it's delicious.

2. Cuco's margarita. Cuco's is a Mexican restaurant in Ohio. And they make the best margarita. They don't add any sort of special ingredients, that I know of....but the base mix that they make is just fantastic. The only way to get it is on the rocks with lots of salt. The food is amazing as well but I go there just to drink the margaritas.

3. Dr. Pepper. I don't drink pop, soda for all you non-midwesterners, anymore. I've been off it for over a year and a half. But I still miss the sweet sweet taste of an ice cold Dr. Pepper. With it's 23 flavors of goodness, it pains me slightly that they made it taste even better after I stopped drinking it. I have a sip from time to time and the flavors are intense and delicious (sigh).

4. Peppermint hot chocolate. It is my all time favorite winter drink. I usually get it from Starbucks, yeah yeah I know...Starbucks, but it is just so damn good there. If I'm near a Starbucks anytime during the season, it must be bought. It's the perfect balance of chocolate and peppermint...how much more classic can you get?

5. Arnold Palmer. Because I have given up pop, i have been forced to find other beverages to drink because water just doesn't do it for me. A perfectly made Arnold Palmer has become my go to drink. The sour lemonade with the sweet tea is just fantastic. (Add a little vodka to it and it is even better)

6. Sweet tea. It has to be the best thing that has come out of the south. What's great about sweet tea from places like Georgia is that is usually your only option of tea. They don't know what unsweetened tea even is. This stuff is so good, I've considered getting an IV drip of it. Yummm

7. Bloody Mary. A bloody Mary is an amazing drink and I will tell you why. It has the tomato flavor (duh) that is sweet. And then the spice and heat that just warms you all the way through. The only acceptable garnish for this drink is celery...no pickle, no onion...celery. If I could, I would start every morning with one.



Thank you KM!  I thought I knew you very well but I guess I didn't know all of your favorite libations as good as I thought.


Cherry Kool-Aid anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! 4 are non-alcoholic! ((snicker))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:21:00 AM

    Devyn, I love your seven! This has to be one of your greatest ideas ever! Guest bloggers are fun too! I just want you to know...keep em comin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous, who are you!? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...