7.09.2011

Seven Favorite Harry Potter Books

Welcome to Harry Potter week!

I decided to do 7 full days of Harry Potter themed posts for the days leading up to and the day of the final Harry Potter movie release.  Cheesy, huh?

Its no secret to those that know me personally, but I'm quite a nerd.  Best part?  I'm completely okay with it.

So for the first day I'm not getting into anything too nerdy just yet.  Just simply an ordered list of my 7 favorite Harry Potter books.  I know there are only 7 of them, but some are better than others.

1.  HP and the Deathly Hallows.  The seventh and final book in the series is my very favorite and sometimes I just read it without reading the others before it.  I usually am very logical and 1 must come before 2 and so on.  I love that every single open ended item, every loose end is tied up in this book.  Its like JKR took a giant broom and dustpan and swept everything up and made it all make sense in this beautiful story.  The flash forward at the end is the best way this story could have ended to me.  Being a true romantic-happy-endings kind of girl, there was no other option in my mind!

2.  HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban.  Book #3 is such a turning point for Harry in my mind.  Having Mr. Black come into his life this way is truly a JKR original approach.  For Harry to have blood relatives again was such a heart warming discovery.  A book warmed my heart.  It was just so good!  I remember the cd I had in my Walkman the first time I read this book, and the song I listened to on repeat was "I Want You to Want Me" the live from Budokan version.  That was when I fell in love with Cheap Trick and that song.  Thanks HP!(and dad...)

3.  HP and the Sorcerer's Stone.  The first book in the series will always hold a special place in my heart since I've read it probably 50 times or more.  I can hear certain sentences from it and know where its from.  To me it is just very well written as the start of one of the greatest series' I've ever read.  It is magical, funny, scary and sad all in one book. 

4.  HP and the Goblet of Fire.  I believe my parents bought this book for me and my brother right before our summer trip to Williams.  They bought it when it came out and hid it until the trip so we would have something to do.  My brother S and I are both big readers and can read it the car without any issues. Long story short, I finished reading this book with a flashlight, under the covers, very late at night in the slant-y roofed green carpeted room at my great grandparents house. This was the first book I never wanted to put down.  Thank you JKR.

5.  HP and the Half Blood Prince.  So so much dark underlining here in this book.  It was really good but it was never my favorite because I do not like the big major death in this book.  I get why it happened, I understand it but that will NEVER make me like it. 

6.  HP and the Order of the Phoenix.  This was the most boring book to me, but I'll be damned if I don't want to join the Order still today.  The story was just a little ho-hum but I wanted to badly to be a member of the Order and attend the meetings.  Can I join the Order of the Phoenix now please?

7.  HP and the Chamber of Secrets.  I can vividly remember all of the books' plots.  Except this one. It never stuck in my brain.  Doesn't make it a bad book, I still enjoy reading it and enjoying reading JKR's words...I just can't remember the darn story of this book!

I want to go re read these books again.  I last read them in May.  The movies are a whole different topic.  I just really want everyone to read these books or at least try.  I understand that there is a small amount of people who will never get into these books, but some people have no excuses.

Mom and Dad I'm looking at you!  smooches.

2 comments:

  1. I just think that the Chamber of Secrets is annoying. I can't remember why, but I literally almost didn't finish reading the series because of that book... so I finally just skipped it and went to #3. Maybe someday I will read it all the way through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...