7.23.2011

Seven Cars I Will Never Own, Drive Or Desire

'sup?

Cars.  We all have to deal with them.  Most people I know have them.  They are an almost completely unavoidable part of life.  There are even car people!  People who enjoy working on them, looking at them, I don't fancy myself a car person.  I do have opinions on them, though.  For my whole life all I ever wanted were braces(check), glasses(check), and  a car(check). 

I was very spoiled and got a car on my 16th birthday.  Adorable little Ford Focus hatchback coupe.  Red.  I loved that thing.  On my 19th birthday I almost totaled it.  I now have one of my dream cars and love it on most days.  I have a list of my 7 dream cars coming up soon, but I wanted to start with this list...


Seven Cars I Will Never Own, Drive, Or Desire:
  • Range Rover.  These cars are ugly.  I haven't seen one I like that didn't have thousands of dollars worth of body work done to it.  Take an expensive car, add lots of expensive body work to it, and you still have an ugly car.  They also just have this status equated with them that is not me.  No thanks!
  • Toyota FJ Cruiser.  One of many boxes on wheels.  Some I almost like or enjoy, but not this one.  This car is just so so so ugly.  It comes in weird colors.  Off white?  Why buy a white car that already looks dirty?  Also looks like it might be unsafe with too many blind spots.  I'm already blind enough as it is.  No thanks.
  • Mazda Miata.  Small.  Tiny car that is already one step away from being a pancake, who's to say a tiny fender bender won't destroy this car?  Also they usually belong to middle aged men with mid life crisis problems.  Not for me, no thanks.
  • Chrysler PT Cruiser.  Another ugly ugly car.  I drove one once, and it made me feel ugly.  So weird.  How does that happen?  I see these cars and it triggers me to say "ew".  No thanks.
  • Ford Excursion.  These cars can't even fit into a parking space.  How are they even legal?  More like a boat on wheels.  Who needs a car that big?  What about that gas mileage?  I still see these cars around, who has money they can literally burn as gasoline?  Nobody I know. Also, u-g-l-y.  No thanks.
  • Pontiac Aztec.  This car is the single most ugliest car I have ever laid eyes on.  It doesn't know what it is. It doesn't know what it is supposed to look like.  Sorry Pontiac, but this was a bad move.  I mean you made the freakin' GTO.  To put the Pontiac logo on this was just bad form.  Not okay, no thanks.
  • Chevy HHR.  Looks like a milk truck but in the 21st century.  Some people can pull it off, I guess.  If I had to choose between no car and this car, I would choose no car.  No thanks.

So, to all the car enthusiasts out there...do you have any "no thanks" cars?  

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:23:00 PM

    I totally agree with the Aztec... Ugliest thing on wheels... But!, the Miata is one of the better cars to make fast for cheap because it is so small, so if your looking for something to take to the auto x on the cheap it's a wise choice.

    I'll put in a vote for the Toyota Solara as one of the most ugliest cars I have ever seen that for some reason are everywhere... Especially the convertibles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous! Write your name....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, the miata is a sweet little car. Lots of potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I don't care for speed potential, just looks and comfort fellas!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...