7.02.2011

Seven Sweet Republic Flavors

Hey there!  A very special 7 is coming up in this post, a ranked post.  I generally don't organize my seven in any sort of rhyme or reason, but this category is very special.  I prefer my randomized lists but sometimes priorities must be made clear and what needs prioritizing more than ice cream flavors?  We're talking big time here, folks. 

Sweet Republic is a Phoenix based ice cream shop.  I worked there for their first 2 years or so.  They make everything they serve in house and it is all mind blowingly spectacular.  Everything from ice creams, sorbets, yogurts, to the toppings, sauces and even waffle cones!  I was employee 001 and I am so proud of that! They have been open 3 years and they are still doing ass-kickin' work.  Only getting better by the day.


Devyn's Top Seven Sweet Republic Flavors(in order):


7.  Coconut Sorbet.  So rich and creamy, you will not believe it is sorbet.  Coconut is awesome that way.  Top if off with chunks of fresh shaved coconut mixed in and you have a tropical delight that is both refreshing, creamy and satisfying.  Chewing your sorbet is awesome! 
6.  Rocky Road Ice Cream.  This is a rocky road I love driving down, suspension be damned!  (See what I did there?)  Almonds, chocolate chunks, and house-made marshmallows.  Crunchy, chewy, melty, and chocolately.  I love the texture!
5.  Apple Pie Ice Cream.  This ice cream usually makes its appearance around Thanksgiving time and boy is it worth the wait.  It has all of the best parts of pie:  streusel chunks, apple bits, and cinnamon ice cream.  Another texture explosion that is worth the aftermath.  It truly tastes like apple pie in ice cream form. 
4.  Strawberry Sorbet.  Super fresh, crazy delicious strawberry flavor, so insanely refreshing.  All this from fresh fruit and natural ingredients?  I don't believe it.  It must have SOMETHING illegal in it.  Too good.
3.  Brownie Swirl Ice Cream.  Homemade brownies are so delicious.  Homemade ice cream is out of this world delectable.  Combine the two and I have no idea what adjective to use.  SUPERFREAKING GOOD!  There are also ribbons of fudge.  Fudge is wonderful with ice cream, just ask the hot fudge sundae.  Let's get swirled!
2.  Salted Butter Caramel Ice Cream. Salty/Sweet.  A truly powerful combination of salt and sweet.  Butter caramel sauce made with salt and swirled into the sweet cream base.  Also really pretty to see, the swirling and all creates a pretty scoop of ice cream.  This is the most popular flavor and its completely obvious as to why.  You must try it. 


...and without further ado, here is my absolute favorite flavor of Sweet Republic deliciousness...


1.  Sweet Corn Ice Cream!  The single most luscious ice cream I have ever enjoyed.  Made with one of my favorite vegetables.  Usually vegetables+ice cream= no thanks!  Its so buttery, creamy, slightly sweet, and just the very best texture with actual corn kernels folded in as well.  I have introduced many of my friends and family to this flavor and its a solid split.  Half enjoyed it, half hated me for suggesting they eat more than one bite.  It only comes around in the summertime and must be consumed so often that you can make it to next summer.  Or hoarded deep in my freezer until then, next to my thin mints stash.

This list was actually really hard for me to compile.  Too much good stuff.  There are many runners up such as: peppermint chunk ice cream, dessert honey frozen yogurt, peanut butter chip, real mint chip, espresso, and basil lime sorbet to name a few.  But my seven are ice creams that have really re-invented the boundaries of ice cream for me.  Truly a gourmet experience, worth every penny.

Just so its clear to any and all involved, the only other ice cream that I voluntarily pay too much money for is Blue Bell.  Texas' gift to the nation of frozen dessert lovers.  Thank you, Texas. God Bless America.





Some blog-housekeeping:  I will be taking Sundays off from my personal sevens, but this is where I will invite my friends and family to guest blog and post their own sevens.  Free range of topics to choose from.  Interested? Comment or email me and we will arrange it.  KM is preparing hers for tomorrow!  Get excited!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:36:00 PM

    I saw the picture of sweet corn ice cream and couldn't believe that it's a real flavor. Thanks for the information! Kathy Meindl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it gets even crazier than corn! Bacon brittle? Blue Cheese? Check them out if you are ever in Scottsdale, totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:03:00 AM

    Now I'm not liking it at all. Blue cheese?? But I'll still check it out : ) Kathy Meindl

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...