7.21.2011

Seven Fizzy Sodas That Make Me Smile

Hi. 

Can we talk about beverages?  I happen to really really enjoy carbonated beverages.  I love the bubbles!  I like the flavors too.  Soda makes me happy.  Something inside of me clicks when I have a frosty one in my hand.  I'd rather down a six pack of Dr. Pepper than beer any day.  Sorry, KM. 

I know soda is not great for you.  I know I probably shouldn't drink it.  To that, I say life is short and you only live once.   I'm allowed to have my vice.

I drink water too.  I also enjoy cherry kool-aid, sweet tea, most juices and iced coffee.  My refrigerator is often over stocked with beverages and not enough actual food.  Some call it a problem.  To me, its no problem.  Its pure heaven to have 7 choices of beverages in my frig at all times.  This post is not about that though.  This post is about the fizzy sodas that brighten my life. 


Seven Fizzy Sodas That Make Me Smile: 

Bubble Up.  Lemon lime clear sodas are underrated if you ask me.  They do not get the respect they deserve.  This particular variety tastes different to me.  It has a different ratio of the lemon to lime than the others.  Bubble Up has been around for over 90 years, and it has changed over the years I'm sure.  If you ever have the opportunity, I highly suggest you try it.  I always try to try something new in the soda world if ever presented with the chance, and that's how I met this.
Cherry Coke.  Yep.  The version made with the cherry in it is my favorite, but when restaurants make it with grenadine, I still love it.  I have an undying love for all things cherry and cherry coke was my mom's favorite soda for many many years.  This may be why I love it.  Its sort of sharp, the full flavor really hits you hard and leaves you wanting more.  Oh, and its best in the cans.

Dr. Pepper.  23 flavors of amazing.  I could write an epic volume detailing my love for this delicious concoction.  It is the best out of a glass bottle.  Sonic Drive in can mix in cherry and its so so so magical.  Happy hour to me is 2-4pm at the drive in. Half priced beverages, baby! Reminds me of some really good afternoons with my brothers and our dad.  It was kind of our thing growing up.  

Orange Crush.  Who loves orange soda?  Devyn loves orange soda.  Last year when I spent six weeks in Pittsburgh they had orange soda in the cafeteria.  I rediscovered it and couldn't get enough.  Drank it for breakfast, for lunch, for dinner, took it up to my room to enjoy on my nights off.  My parents keep it in their house too in cans and I swear I can down a can of that stuff in 20 seconds, then I look around wondering what happened.  

Grape Fanta.  Yes I love grape soda too.  Not all the time.  I certainly have phases.  Then I'll buy 2 liters worth, pound it away and then be done with it for a while.  I also loved grape cough syrup as a kid.  Yes that's me.  

Root Beer.  I love root beer in all forms.  I've had so many different kinds and can honestly say glass bottled, cane sugar sweetened, honey scented varieties are king.  Its just so complex and wonderful it just keeps you coming back for more.  And more.  And more.

Big Red + RC Cola.   For a while there 2 of my favorite bbq joints only served Royal Crown Sodas.  RC Cola is a decent cola.  Their secret weapon is big red.  Big red is a cream soda that is colored red.  It is probably no good for you, but that combo only works with this brand.  It tastes best with bbq too. 


I didn't forget about any of the other options. I am sure I will be doing other posts on soda....but these are my favorites!  

A favorite, but closed store of mine is still alive online: POP!



Is it pop or soda to you?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:19:00 PM

    It's pop. Soda is wrong. And I really like the kenan and kel reference. My fav.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...