7.10.2011

Seven Favorite Hogwarts Professors

'Ello!

Welcome to day 2 of harry potter week!  It also happens to be Sunday, but since nobody wanted to guest blog this week...or ever...cue guilt trip here....I pulled this post together all by myself!

I always read books with just a little too much gusto.  I get all tangled into the characters and their stories and just really invested.  In make believe characters.  They've even invaded my dreams before, HP, Stephanie Plum, Lindsay Boxer, etc etc.  Anyways, this just allows me to grow passions for their lives and those people that the main character encounters.  Does that make sense?  I grow to love the heroine's fella.  I learn to love the cop's partner.  I wonder what my transfigurations classes would have been about today.  This is perfectly normal. 

This is not the reason I have no friends either.  The two are completely unrelated.  Really.

Seriously.

Here are My Seven Favorite Hogwarts Pofessors(or just teachers...):
  • Professor Minerva McGonagall.  She teaches you how to transform yourself into an animal.  She teaches other things too but how cool would that be?  I would be a domo, what would you be?  As head of Gryffindor she also was sort of a mother to Harry and that gives her a special place in my book.
  • Professor Albus Dumbledore.  The man who cursed HP to live with the Dursleys.  The man who dies to save Harry(and the world).  The headmaster of Hogwarts for Pete's sake.  This man...this great great man...he gets me all choked up.  He taught HP some of the greatest lessons he ever learned and they were not learned in a classroom.  Lemon Drops for everyone.
  • Professor Remus Lupin.  The werewolf defense against the dark arts teacher.  He taught Harry how to defend himself against the bogarts.  He taught HP and his friends to be more accepting of different people and their backgrounds.  He's was vital member of the Order.  Something about him...I just can't help but love him. RIP.
  • Rubeus Hagrid.   I don't think they ever called him professor without mocking him.  He's just Hagrid anyways, no need for fancy titles.  The best friend and brother and father and hero that HP never knew he wanted.  He was just the groundskeeper(and Dumbledore's errand man) until he taught Care of Magical Creatures for a while.  All he ever wanted was a dragon for a pet!  Truly Harry's biggest ally.  
  • Madam Poppy Pomfrey.  Okay, okay she wasn't really a teacher.  She was the school nurse, the one who put all of the students back together again.  She could fix all of the physical problems caused by backfiring spells and just overall mischief.  Remember when she re-grew all of HP's bones in his arm?  Skele-gro, yum!
  • Professor Pomona Sprout.  Herbology.  Poor Neville's only friend.  Here's how I got here: Harry is in Gryffindor.  Harry is a truly nice boy/man who befriends nerdy Neville early on in the series.  Therefore I befriended awkward Neville Longbottom early on in the series, Professor Sprout was an inspiration to him and therefore a hero in my book.    Voila!
  • Professor Sybill Trelawney.  She was pretty much a hack but Dumbledore saw her predict the prophecy of the Chosen One.  Without her Dumbledore would never have known how special HP was.  Also she provided a fair amount of entertainment throughout all of the books.  So farfetched sometimes that I would have pulled a Hermione and dropped her class.  Tea leaves?

Those are my favorite Hogwarts staff members!  That is what I should have named this post.  Oops! Too late now.

Suck it Snape.

Get Lost Lockheart.

***I did not spell check the JKR original words in this post, so if I misspelled something please DEAL WITH IT!!!  Thanks. ***

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:12:00 AM

    I haven't read the books and I'm not to familiar with the HP universe. But I thought everyone loved snape?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...