7.15.2011

Listmania! Seven MORE Harry Potter Sevens

Welcome to my last Harry Potter Week post.  I had an amazing time coming up with these, and I got a little carried away.  I though about saving them for the future but eventually decided a listmania approach was the only approach.  Without any further ado, please enjoy Seven MORE Harry Potter Sevens:

#1 Seven Of My Most Hated/Least Favorite Characters In The Harry Potter Series:
  • Percy Weasley.  He's a Weasley, so he should be a shoe-in for my love.  Not so.  He's a pompous know it all who fights from the wrong side too many times to count.  Boooooooo!
  • Draco Malfoy.  Him and his father Lucius just look like slimy evil guys.  Used car salesmen come to mind...
  • Tom Riddle/Lord Voldemort/He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.  Ummm...duh.
  • Professor Severus Snape.  What a mean teacher!  Never liked/trusted HP, just his late mother.  I'm still deliberationg on some of Snape's decisions despite his ultimate loyalties. 
  • Vernon Dursley.  Made HP live in a closet under the stairs.  Made HP's life hell for most of his life.  Lied to Harry. Blamed Harry.  Also he's Dudley's father and that is almost unforgivable.
  • Dobby & Kreacher the Elves.Yes, I know some people adore the elves.  Not me.  In the movies and the book I happened to find them SO SO SO annoying.  Dobby especially.  I get that he loves Harry and dies for him evntually.  For this I am thankful, but if he were 1% less annoying I might like him. 
  • Scabbers/Wormtail/Peter Pettigrew.  A rat indeed! Lived life as Ron's pet for many years.  Responsible for helping Voldemort return to power that fateful night.  Jerk.
#2  Devyn's Seven Favorite Characters in the Harry Potter Series:
  • Harry P.  Duh. He's the hero.  We travel through his teens and experience the highs and lows.  The happy and the sad.  If you can read these books and not feel attached to HP, you have issues.
  • Hermione G.  She was like a sister to HP and their time alone in the forest proved that.  Plus the future Mrs. Weasley was just too smart to not like. 
  • Ron W.  The sidekick to the hero is often the best part of any story.  Ron is the best dude!  I need a Ron in my life. 
  • Oliver W.  Oliver Wood.  Cute, athletic, older.  I fell in love with him through JKR's beautiful, although brief, words.  The movies made my passion grow even further.  I sill have quite the soft spot for him...
  • Neville L.  I always root for the awkward nerd.  Being one myself, I can relate.  Plus he's a perpetual ally to Harry and fights the good fight all the way!  A hero.
  • Albus D.   Another Duh.  He is the greatest wizard that ever lived.  Period.
  • Rubeus H.  A lovable teddy bear.  Literally the size of a bear.  Lovable all the same! 
#3  Seven English Words I Learned From the Harry Potter Series(and what I think they mean?):
  • mate(friend/pal)
  • bloody(general adjective)
  • barking(mad/crazy/nuts)
  • bogey(booger)
  • bung(to toss or throw)
  • starky(naked)
  • git(jerk)
#4  Seven Spells From The Harry Potter Series That Would Make Life Easier :
  • Alohomora.  No need for keys anymore, this spell opens locks and doors.
  • Tergeo.  Scrubs things clean.  Tergeo car, kitchen, bathroom and shoe collection!
  • Accio.  Brings things to you, the ultimate lazy spell.  I'd never get up.  Accio Remote.  Accio Cookies.  Accio Dr. Pepper.
  • Incendio.  Starts a fire.  Got a wand? That means you also have a heat source, grill, and light!
  • Point Me.  Compass broken?  You never had a compass?  Thank goodness you have a wand!
  • Sonorus.  Like a magical bullhorn for your very own voice box.  Makes you loud!
  • Wingardium Leviosa.  This one lets you levitate items.  One recent re-read of the books made me think to myself "self, this would really help when you vaccuum the house".  Nerd Alert.
#5  Seven Things The HP Movies Did Well(according to me!):
  • Casting Ron Weasley.  His faces and expressions MAKE the movies.
  • Music.  Captures Magic.
  • Casting Harry Potter.  Spot on, as they might say.
  • Hogwarts.  Castle on the outside, mansion inside, all done on a soundstage
  • Faces to names.  Helped with the creatures and the lesser known characters.
  • Pronunciation of all of JKR's made up words . Thanks!
  • Casting Hermione Granger.  I bet she is just like her character...
#6  Seven Food Items From The Harry Potter Series I Want To Eat/Drink:
  • pumpkin juice
  • treacle tart
  • bertie bott's every flavour beans
  • chocolate frogs
  • butterbeer
  • crumpets
  • mint humbugs  
#7  Seven Magical Modes Of Transportation I Want To Try:
  • Hogwarts Express caught at platform 9-3/4.
  • Apparating.
  • Mr Weasley's bewitched car.
  • Floo powder
  • portkey
  • brooms
  • the Knight Bus
I could get lost on the HP wikipedia page. The infinite HP worlds online, and the numerous fan websites.  But for right now, I need to deal with the fact that the last movie is out and we still have a while to wait for Pottermore. 





And before you ask, of course I saw the movie at midnight last night.  Like you even had to ask. 

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED THIS POST! Yay for listmania! Also I think that Wingardium Leviosa could be especially helpful in more way than one for vacuuming. Picking up the furniture, but why not just levitate all the crap that your vacuuming up in the first place (just don't forget your mask). Cleaning would be so much more effective if I was a witch. I am so jealous you saw the movie! Hopefully I will get to see it VERY soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post too! So much fun for me.

    In case you want my review: It was a good movie, but I made the mistake of re-reading the book yesterday too which made me very aware of all of the tiny details that were misplaced or left out...Just remember that book and movie are two separate things and all will be well.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...