7.07.2011

Seven Fast Food Chicken Varieties That I Love

Hola!
I'm no health nut.  Let me make that clear.  How could I be? I work in pastry.

Like you and you and you I indulge in fast food more than I care to admit.  I have standards though!  I can stop anytime I want to.  I am in control here!  I am.  I control my fast food destiny.

I cannot live on burgers and fries alone, but thankfully most places have a chicken alternative.  I quite love chicken!  Obviously, I will be posting my 7 favorite burgers eventually, but today's post is about my fast food chicken experiences.


Seven Fast Food Chicken Varieties That I Love:

  • Whataburger.  Yep, a burger joint with the word burger in its name.  Their chicken strips may very wll be the very best I have ever had.   I have eaten a lot of chicken in my life.  Fingers, strips, nuggets, sandwiches, even salads.  Their chicken strip meals come with fries, Texas toast, gravy and ranch if you ask.  Coupled with a Dr. Pepper, that is one of my go-to pick me up meals. Deeelicious.
  • Chik-Fil-A.  They claim to have invented the original chicken sandwich.  Its a real breast, combined with pickles and I order mine on a wheat bun.  Added bonus: waffle fries!
  • McDonald's.  I do not care what you say, McDonald's chicken nuggets are off the chain delicious.  Honey dunked with a hearty helping of their salty fries is one of those guilt ridden meals that I never tell anyone about.  Except right there where I just told all of the interwebs.  Oops.
  • Wendy's.  The 99cent crispy chicken sandwich is cheap and delicious.  For the price, and the hunger satisfaction value there will never be a comparison in my book. 
  • Arby's.  Gotta love their roast beef first and foremost, but sometimes you just feel like a chicken. Their chicken fingers are fantastic!  Their ranch sauce is thick and different than other ranches out there, definitely worth a try.
  • KFC.  I have a problem with eating food off of bones.  Long story.  However, a their chicken strips are just as good as their bucket of bones chicken. You also get to dip it in the coleslaw or drizzle honey all over it.  Side of mashers and the only gravy I eat and with the greatest gift God has ever bestowed upon us: biscuits. 
  • Panda Express. Does this count as fast food?  I think so, because you get it really fast.  I'm not clear on the technical definition of fast food.  Anyways, I love orange chicken from there. All over the top of some chow mein noodles, and my american chinese food needs are sufficiently met.  

What are your favorite fast food chickens?  What defines a fast food restaurant? Talk to me!  I hate feeling like I'm writing for my own good.  I know this blog is mostly for me but I know you all are reading it, but not sharing feedback! Not just comments, texts, emails, letters of appreciation, all of these are accepted forms of communication here!

***This blog was supposed to have been posted last night.  Blogger was being a pain in the butt and not letting me log on, so today is a double post day!***

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Wendy's chicken sandwiches. I definitely feel the least gross after visiting that fast food establishment. And FYI I always get some form of chicken, because I am not a cheap-o burger fan. I go to a real burger joint for that ish - like Wingers (but even when I go to Wingers I can their sticky (chicken) fingers. Yumm! Or Red Robin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a burger fan at every level..just not everyday.

    Whats wingers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:02:00 AM

    I want to know the story of why you have a problem eating food off bones - sounds intriguing!! Kathy Meindl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:56:00 AM

    Need story about food/bone issue ASAP, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...