7.08.2011

Seven Things I Wanna Do Before I Die

Hi there!  Thank you for reading my humble blog, I truly appreciate it. 

I need to watch the movie about bucket lists.  Is it called The Bucket List?  I need to see it.

I think I have a bucket list though.  Its constantly evolving which is what I think is the best way to have a bucket list.  Some of my list has already been accomplished, but there are some bigger list items that are works in progress.  These are 7 of my  buckets.  I don't think that's what they are called, but I like to call them buckets since they are on my bucket list. See what I did there?

Seven Things I Wanna Do Before I Die(Big Buckets Edition):
  • See All 50 States.  I'm on my way.  I've seen 15 or so by my last count.  I was feeling pretty good about it until I met two kids last night that have seen 24 states and 4 countries already.  They were both under 12.  I've never left the country....
  • See A Foreign Country.  Maybe even 2 or 3.  I have never left the good ole USA.  Not even the Mexico side of Nogales.  Poor me. 
  • Have a kid(or two).  I love kids.  I want my own.  Before I get old.  That's all.  My parents have also made no secret of their desire to have grandchildren! Thanks guys!
  • Have a Book Published.  I write all the time.  I have most of a novel hidden away in digital land.  I just am not confident enough with it.  I think non fiction might be fun too.  Who knows? Maybe this blog will lead to a certain kind of book!  I can dream.
  • Visit Graceland Again.  I have a thing for Elvis.  This is no secret.  I have also been to Graceland  once already.  An amazing experience that I highly reccomend.  However I want to be there at one of the two biggest weeks there or over Christmas.  I'm talking about the week of Elvis' birthday(January 8th) or of his departure(August 16).  Someday this will happen.
  • Own a 1965 Ford Mustang.  Girls can dream about cars too, fellas.
  • Get Married.  Ummm, two words here.  Fairytale dreams.

Thems are my buckets, do you have any buckets?

Tomorrow we begin Harry Potter week!  Hooray! Are there any Harry Potter fans out there?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:59:00 PM

    You will be an excellent mom, wife and traveller. Graceland will graciously host you again when you are able and your book will be read by those who love you and your hilarious sense of humor.

    You're young yet, you have your whole life ahead of you, and you've already accomplished so much! Keep it up and know you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of your dreams are obviously awesome! Right on! I especially love that you want a 1965 Mustang though. :) This makes me especially smile, because it is unexpected. I want a 1967 Mustang (they had a purple one that year - my neighbor had one and he sold it before I could drive... sad day). Of course, driving a stick shift makes me ill, so I would have to have it converted to automatic, which I don't think would make too many Mustang lovers very happy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Anon! Love the mystery.

    Thanks too Steph! A purple stang sounds super sexy. I gotta learn to drive manual...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:08:00 AM

    Why is getting married a fairy tale dream? And when you get married, is it going to be in Vegas with Elvis???
    And what's with never being in a foreign country? Not that I've done much besides Canada (when I was a wee girl) and Mexico. I want to go to Switzerland! And Paris. Maybe London. When I was teaching, it blew my mind how much more my students had traveled than me! Kathy Meindl

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...