7.13.2011

Seven Items From Harry Potter That I Wish Were Real

HeyHiHello!

Welcome to day 5 of Harry Potter week!  I get the feeling that not everyone is a HP fan like me.  I'm not crazy about my fandom.  I just really enjoy the books and the movies are okay.  I have always been fascinated by the items in the books.  The enchanted items, the machines, the tools of the magical trade.  This is my list of my favorite props from the books.  To be clear, all of my lists are based on the BOOKS!

Seven Items From The Harry Potter Books That I Wish Were Real:
  • The Enchanted Ceiling Of The Great Hall.  The ceiling is bewitched to reflect the weather and sky outside.  Its basically a giant skylight.  I would like my entire house to be magicked like this.  So Sweet.
  • Harry's Invisibility Cloak.  Who wouldn't want a magical cloak that made you invisible?  You could do anything you want.  Wear anything you want too!  Or nothing at all if that's more your style.  It could be used for good or evil but either way you'd look great doing it.  
  • The Time Turner.  Hermione used it to be able to take all of the classes that Hogwarts had to offer.  Can you say N-E-R-D?  However, I'm kind of jealous of her to be able to take all the classes.  I wanted so badly to take steel drums in high school but it never jived with all of my stupid academics.  Also to have a do-over every once in a while just might make the world a better place.  
  • The Tent.  When he took the gang to the Quidditch World Cup, Mr. Weasley borrowed a tent from one of his coworkers and it has to be the greatest tent ever.  From the outside it looked like a raggedy old tent that would barely hold two people.  As they went in, it was HUGE!  Had a foyer and several bedrooms and a living room and a full kitchen.  Basically a pop up house.  I want one.  I'll even trade in my real house for it.  
  • The Marauder's Map.  Granted Padfoot, Prongs, Wormtail, and that other guy were up to no good with this, I see it as just plain awesome.  Less invasive than security cameras everywhere like the stupid muggle world.  That way you wouldn't waste time asking where so-and-so is.  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
  • Hermione's Bewitched Purse.  Very similar to the tent, Herm had a purse in the 7th book that she had bewitched to hold ANYTHING.  Looked like an average purse but she had volumes of books and every magical implement and food and all of this tucked away inside of it.  A literal bottomless purse.  So jelly.
  • Magic Wands.  Let's be honest, without a wand none of the fun things I have already mentioned would even exist.  I want my wand to be made of marbled cedar wood with a clear varnish on it and the hair of gizmo the gremlin inside it.  It probably won't enjoy being used after midnight, but I guess we all have to make sacrifices.  
Runners up include: Harry's glasses, Neville's crystal ball, Dumbledore's pensive, and the trunk that Barty Crouch Jr kept Professor Moody in.  


What are your favorite items? I wanna know!

4 comments:

  1. Ummm... AWESOME! I am loving Harry Potter week. I wish I had the memory to come up with my favorite Harry Potter items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have included a flying broom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suggest a re-read then Steph!


    Good one Spencer! You'd zip all around on it huh? I can see that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i could use a bewitched purse. but i'd use it to hold all my snacks, not books.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...