7.19.2011

Seven Things I Collect & Yes I Am A Pack Rat

My name is Devyn and I’m a collect-a-holic.  


 
(this is where you say Hi Devyn in unison)

 
Most everyone I know has a collection of something or another.  We can try to be minimalists, but in the end we all like stuff.  I happen to REALLY like my stuff.  I display most of it and look at it often.  If I don’t use it or look at it regularly why do I even have it?  Some of my collections are mundane and boring but others are just plain unique!  Let’s review them.

Seven Things I Collect & Yes I Am A Pack Rat:

Cake Pans - I don’t think I need to share this with everyone, but for those not in the loop I will provide the back story.  I’m kinda famous*****.  Back in December, I was written about for my cake pan collection that I never consider a collection here.  People loved it.  Ever since, friends and family and family friends have been buying me more and more so its become quite a collection.  Plus, I hang them up in my garage, so that's a bit unique. 

Books - I have a deep love for the written word.  I love books.  I read them over and over again and marvel at their construction and materials.  Even in this digital age, I own a kindle and I love it, but I continue to buy books to support authors and my collection.  I have books from when I was a kid all the way through now as well as some of my parents books that I've stolen borrowed.  They live on IKEA Billy shelves that line a whole wall of my room!

Salt & Pepper Shakers - I don’t remember what propelled me towards these, but I know its a fairly recent affair but that does not make it any less awesome!  I have such neat sets and even within my overall collection I have several sets of Christmas themed shakers.  No there is no salt or pepper in any of these...

Plates - I have lots of unique plates.  Unique as in I buy one of each.  I have some matching sets or pairs or similar styled plates and dishes, but I often buy one of something too.  Too many even for my kitchen...has spilled out into my dining room.

Glasses - Similar to my plate fetish, I have too many glass drinking glasses.  I sort of blame my mom(hi mom!) for this.  She collected the novelty glasses when she was my age and working in fast food.  Then, she had the nerve to let me have them.  Now I just buy them all the time.  Dollar store, thrift store, target, grocery store.  Just like the plates I mostly buy unique ones and only one of them.
 
DVDs - This is not a unique collection per se, but I have quite a lot of them.  Romantic comedies, happy chick flicks and Tv on DVD too.  Just in case you are wondering: No I will not convert to blu-ray.  Too much money spent on DVDs!!  I may buy blu-rays in the future if they are cheaper, but I will not replace all my DVDs.  Stupid evolution.  

State Magnets - I have a goal to see all 50 states(read about my goal here).  As I accomplish this one state at a time, I pick up a magnet or three from an attraction I saw there or at the airport one that says “Ohio” or “Maine”.  My refrigerator is pretty.

Now I wanna know what YOU collect!  GO!





*****Autographs are $5 if on something you already own, $10 on body parts, and free if you know the secret handshake.  Please contact my agent for bookings and appearance fees.  

2 comments:

  1. I used to be a numismatist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a 10,000 gold star word!

    I had no idea...why aren't you anymore?

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...