7.16.2011

Seven Things I Like To Pile On My Hotdogs


Hello and welcome back from Harry Potter week!  I'd like to thank you for sticking it out and for continuing to read, I shall reward you with non-magical posts.  

I enjoy hot dogs.  Grilled. Charred but not burnt. On soft buns.  All the time.  Now you know.

Oh, my hot dogs are all beef.  You all can have your miscellany of meat in your "weiners" but I prefer the all beef franks.  I dress my dogs well too.  A plain dog will do in a pinch but who really enjoys a naked dog?  I like fully clothed dogs like the Sonoran dog as special treats, but I make a simple ketchup/mustard/relish dog at home at least a few times a month.

Seven Things I Like To Pile on My Hotdogs(not all at once):
  • Ketchup - I only like this tomato based concoction on my hot dogs or hamburgers.  I never dip fries in it.  I don’t put it on my eggs, I don’t add it to my hash browns and I definitely don’t put it in my macaroni and cheese.
  • Mustard - My dad always called this mouse-turd while I was growing up.  Needless to say, he hates the stuff.  My mom’s side of the family, however, can’t get enough of the stuff!  Its in my genes...but the yellow tang just makes a dog for me.  Whole grain mustard too!
  • Pickle Relish - I am a die hard fan of pickles.  Sweet, dill, kosher, bread and butter or whole, spears, chips, relish.  Anyways you offer it to me, I’ll take it.  Lots and lots of it.
  • Onions - I like red onions on my Sonoran style dogs.  I tolerate white onions as well and recently had caramelized onions on a hot dog too.  Again, please.
  • Cheddar Cheese - Again, Sonoran Style dogs have made this okay with me.  Cheese on a hot dog was never my thing until the last few years.  Shredded cheddar, no American cheese slices.  Yes Dad, this was directed at you.  
  • Jalapenos - As a Mexican I like anything spicy.  Jalapenos offer a kick that doesn’t ruin the rest of your meal. Sold.
  • Bacon - What doesn’t taste better with bacon?  Bacon bits work well in a pinch, but hotdogs wrapped in bacon and then cooked take the cake.  Get yourself some!

What do you like to put on your hotdogs?  Such a happy summer food.  Its no wonder that July is National Hot Dog Month!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love hot dogs! I buy all beef Applegate Farms hot dogs from Sunflower Market. I make my own hot dog buns too. Yumm. :)

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...