7.22.2011

Seven Dr. Pepper Wannabes I Have Seen


Hey there!

Thanks for coming back.  I honestly appreciate the people who read this so vigilantly.  Its been really fun so far!  I've got dozens of posts ready to rock!  


As a follow up to yesterdays post, I have a post for you written by Herc about a mutual favorite: Dr. Pepper and its clones. Herc and I share our deep love of Dr. Pepper.  My whole life, he has drank this potion, its no wonder I drink it religiously too.


Take it away, Herc!




7 Dr. Pepper Wannabes I Have Seen
There are hundreds of these lurking out there.  Every grocery store chain has its own branded formula and as Dr. Pepper has always been my go-to beverage - it is the unofficial soft drink of the Great Republic Of Texas - it has been my honor and privilege to sample more than a few of these.  The website Fake Dr. Pepper Land was helpful in jogging my memory.
Dr. A+ (Albertson’s)
Dr. Thunder (Wal-Mart/Sam’s Club)
Formerly known as Southern Lightning which made it sound like kind of a Mountain Dew wannabe.  A sweeter, weaker variation of Dr. Pepper.  Also less expensive.  I have drank more than a few gallons of this stuff.
Mr. Pibb (Coca-Cola)
I like Mr. Pibb very very very very very very very much.  Also Pibb Extra which seems to be available exclusively as a fountain drink in my neck of the woods.
Dr. K (Kroeger’s/Fry’s)
Dr. Skipper (Safeway)
Dr. Slice (Pepsi)
This one was a little fruitier flavored than most flavors on this list.  Maybe cherrier.
Dr. Wells (Dad’s Root Beer)
This used to be available wherever RC Cola beverages were served.  Haven’t seen it in ages although some restaurants serve it.

1 comment:

  1. DOH! Dr. Good Guy from the good guys at Kalil! A hometown favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...