10.23.2011

Seven Favorite Breakfasts

I need to tell you something.  You may know, but nobody knows just how extensive this problem is...

I'm in love.


There.  I said it. Can't take it back, its out there now! 

I'm in love with breakfast.  It has been going on for my entire life and I'm finally coming to a point where it is less embarassing, where I am embracing this part of my life. 

Breakfast is the meal that is often consumed first on a daily basis, but if it were up to me, it would not be confined to the first meal.  Many restaurants and food establishments allow breakfast to spread its wings and be enjoyed anytime any day and this is wonderful news.

May I please tell you about my deep running love?

Thank you. 

Seven Favorite Breakfasts
  1. French Toast - This egg mixture soaked, griddle crisped delicacy is far and away my most favorite breakfast ever.  I could eat an entire loaf of bread as French Toast - and I wouldn't even feel guilty.  Any way it is prepared, any way it is served, and any shape it is in are all delicious to me.  I love it so hard, you will probably never understand so it may not be worth your time to even try.  French toast sticks are another gift from the Griddle Gods, this variety takes a dip in the fryer before taking another dip in syrup before I dip it into my mouth.  So good...mmmmm.
  2. Pancakes - Griddled goodness rules this seven, I'll tell you that much.  Pancakes are amazing!  They can be so many different varieties and flavors but guess what?  I prefer mine plain.  Fluffy buttermilk pancakes, fresh butter, and real maple syrup is my personal nirvana and can pretty much fix all of my problems.  Good day, pancakes make it better.  Bad day, pancakes make it better.  Nervous, pancakes calm me down.  Sick, pancakes make it better.  Get it?
  3. Sugary Cereal/Pop Tarts - I am basically a 12 year old child.  I love anything covered in sugar.  I was practically raised on pop tarts and their generic cousins.  My dad toasts the unfrosted flavors and rubs them with a special stick of butter.  Yes.  I like the frosted kind too but only 4 flavors: cherry, strawberry, brown sugar cinnamon and the double chocolate one when I'm in a pinch.  Cereal wise, you have already been informed of that love here.
  4. Oatmeal - Its becoming a trendy breakfast again, with its whole grain properties and all that.  Combined with all of the delicious condiments that you are supposed to mix into it, it can't be that bad for you, right?  I love mine in every form, really.  Even oatmeal cookies count as breakfast in my book.
  5. Scrambled Eggs, Sausage Links, Bacon, Hashbrowns, and Toast - Pretty much your typical breakfast.  Okay, maybe extra meat than normal breakfasts.  Just do it right, serve me some grape jelly and maple syrup(for my sausage of course) and we are good to go!
  6. Sausage, Egg and Cheese McMuffins - Mickey D's knows whats up.  Delicious combination.  However, my grandfather created a homemade version that is EVEN BETTER.  Fresh eggs, delicious sausage, buttery english muffins and tasty cheese.  Thanks Grandpa you ruined me for life!
  7.  Waffles - The sheer surface area that is crisped up on this treat is nothing short of a miracle.  How does that happen?  Its amazing.  Then we need to factor in butter in every square and maple syrup too and we have hit an overload of deliciousness.  Can you even handle it?  I know I can't.
Do you share my fondness for the beautiful meal known as breakfast?  If you do not have the same fondness as me, please zip your lip and move on to the next blog entry please. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...