10.28.2011

Seven Scary Movies

I'm gonna propose a toast...

ah-hem!  This toast is for all of you out there that can watch scary movies, you have my condolences!


That being said:  I do not like scary movies.

Nope.

Not at all.  I can't even bring myself to watch the classics.  No not even with the lights on in the middle of the day.  Not even when someone is around to protect me.  Not even with my hands over my eyes.  Not even with a finger on the mute button.  Not even if you paid me.

I just can't do it. 

Sorry.


Seven Scary Movies
(that I've never seen but think are pretty scary)
  • Final Desination.  The first one of this series was a movie I tried to watch.  I got about halfway into it and left the room in tears.  When that truck of logs/poles/whatever launches one into the driver of the car behind it - I think of that every.single.time. I see a truck of logs/poles.  Then the CRT computer monitor exploded and slit that person's throat....DONE!  That's all I saw of that movie and it was enough. 
  • Scream.  My dad had this movie's audio in our minivan once and hearing it surround me - with no picture - was scary.  The voices and whatever they were talking about really creeped me out.  I don't know why I'm such a whimp...even that mask to me is just like....why?
  • Psycho.  This has a lot of classic scenes from what I understand.  This was directed by Hitchcock, right?  The shower scene?  I think I have seen scene snippets so I didn't seem too clueless. 
  • The Exorcist.  I went to Catholic school for many years.  I can't even think about this movie's plot without giving myself the heebjeebs.
  • The Silence of the Lambs.  The two parts of this movie that stick out to someone who has never seen it: that creepy ass mask, and then the famous line "put the lotion in the basket"
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  Now that is a scary mask.  Do they really cut people up with a chainsaw?  I know how a chainsaw works and that sounds terrible and unnecessary.  No way, Jose.
  • Halloween.  There is something from this movie that I like: that theme song.  Otherwise I'm not interested.


Sorry Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...