10.12.2011

Seven: Gumby Edition

Art Clokey created a masterpiece known as Gumby.  Behold:
 
Aren't they awesome?

Today would have been Art Clokey's 90th Birthday.  Sadly he passed away in 2010 on Elvis Presley's birthday. 

See that connection?  I was MEANT to love Gumby.

My dad really enjoyed Gumby.  He passed that love onto my brothers and I.  My youngest brother loved him the best. We used to watch the episodes on VHS over and over again, together.  It was so awesome.  I remember it with such fondness, my brothers will probably tell me I'm crazy. 


Seven Gumby Characters
  • Gumby.  The finest stop motion animation clay character around.  The slanty headed green dude is the star of the show.  His voice is crazy, his feet are big and he is awesome!  Nicest guy around and always looking for an adventure.
  • Pokey.  Gumby's faithful sidekick.  This red horsey is probably the only horse I have ever liked.  He is a bit of a skeptic but appreciates Gumby's adventures I think.  Silly horse.
  • Goo.  The blue blob of goo with hair and a bow on her head.  She is like a mermaid on land.  She is very cool calm and collected and always looking out for her friends Prickle, Gumby, and Pokey.  She was never my favorite though, sorry Goo!
  • Prickle.  The little yellow dinosaur guy!  I love when he acts like a detective and puts that hat on and smokes a pipe.  So cute!  His voice is awesome and so perfect for the character.  Him and goo roll together, maybe they were in love?  One can hope...
  • The Blockheads.  The evil dudes, twin blockheads.  K and J? G and L?  Something like that...they are bright red which is obviously an evil color.  They are always trying to mess with Gumby and his pals.  Good thing good always wins. 
  • Minga.  She's the pink one with green hair!  She is actually Gumby's little sister.  I don't really have much to say about her.  She was kinda just there for me. 
  • Gumba and Gumbo.  These are Gumby(and Minga's) parents.  They are red.  Why? Who knows.  Also they have amazing names!  Their voices were also top notch.
Now, go watch Gumby, I'm off to go watch the best episodes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...