10.18.2011

Seven Reasons I Want To Go To Alaska

Did you know that today is National Alaska Day? 

It marks the first day of the raising of the US Flag at Sitka.  In case you were wondering...

As I told you about with my post on Washington DC, I have been bitten by the travel bug.  I know that post was just a couple days ago, but I have another one about Alaska for you today.

This is my wallet friendly version of pacifying the travel bug and its working for me.  Is it working for you?

Seven Reasons I Wanna Go To Alaska

  • Glaciers.  I have seen them on television and in photographs but I really cannot fathom how big they actually are.  That being said, those photos and videos are incredibly beautiful and amazing and I can only imagine how great they are in person.
  • Native Culture.  Eskimos, igloos, dog sleds, and so on.  I want to learn more about it and see it and understand it.  Are there real igloos there?  I want to see one.  
  • Scenery and Nature.  Its a huge state with not a lot of people in it.  There are acres and acres of untouched nature beauty.  I think its beautiful.  I'm not a crazy hiker or nature enthusiast but there are  some things you must see. Like a Moose.
  • Northern Lights.  I just really need to see this.  Something within me really wants to see this.  I can't explain it.  March or September 22nd, I will be there to see them.  
  • Lack of Sun.  I know there are parts of Alaska where you have less than 2 hours of sunlight a day.  I find that to be incredibly fascinating and I want to experience that.
  • Fishing.  Not a fan of seafood or fishing really.  However, I think it is very important to the culture and I would ride along just to experience some sort of outing.  Wouldn't that be fun?  
  • Alaska.  I just want to see it all!  I want to see Alaska and research the best of the best to see and do there.  I want to eat my way through the state too, but I cannot figure out what a signature Alaskan item is?
Have you been to Alaska? Tell me about it. 

I want to go to there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...