10.02.2011

Seven Peanuts Characters

Today is October 2nd.

Also known as the day that the Peanuts comic strip was first published.

Yesterday I wrote about peanut butter.  That is not to be confused with Peanuts the comic strip.  

That was back in 1950.  Sixty-one years later, I am presenting you with a list of seven characters that stand out in my memories of the comics.  Share yours in the comments!


Seven Peanuts Characters
  • Snoopy - The best beagle around!  Not much of a dog person myself, but this guy is pretty cute.  He's got a sweet crib too, if you know what I mean.  By that, I mean he has a great house.  His fictional birthday is Oct 4, and that's in two days you guys!  Let's bake this little dude a cake!  THOUGHT BUBBLE " Genius".
  • Charlie Brown - The best dressed kid on the block.  His signature yellow shirt with the black zig zag is easily recognized and quite stylish.  He tries really hard at all he does, but often doesn't succeed.  Poor Charlie Brown, at least he has good friends and the company of that cute doggie!
  • Schroeder - The piano man of Peanuts-land!  He's pretty serious but the kind of guy you gotta watch out for because his brain and smarts will knock you off your game real quick!  I love this guy, don't know why but he was always my second favorite character around!  Glad he always turned Lucy away though, she ain't right for him dude!
  • Linus - Lucy's little brother, the resident wise guy in the truest since of the word.  A wise man.  He always had his security blanket too, which is cool.  Upon further research and perfect fact checking, I see that he may have coined the term "security blanket".  Isn't that crazy?  Who knew.
  • Woodstock - I have always called this guy Woodchuck.  I do not know why.  Its a running family joke because sometimes I am completely convinced he is called Woodchuck.  Snoopy's yellow sidekick is my favorite character in the entire comic.  "gripe, gripe, gripe"
  • Lucy - The grouchiest under ten year old I ever heard of.  She was the bully and we kinda liked her for it.  She's the big sister to Linus(and Rerun) and doesn't let them forget it.  But really, who can forget about that football prank she does to Charlie Brown ALL THE TIME. 
  • Pig-Pen - What a dirty little dude!  He has a cloud of dust that follows him around, its that bad!  He can't get clean and why would he want to?  That's where his nickname came from!  He doesn't even have a real name. 

4 comments:

  1. Herc's Seven:

    "Chuck"

    Peppermint Patty, calls Charlie Brown "Chuck"

    Sally, Chuck's lil sis

    Marcy, she calls Patty "Sir" and crushes on Chuck

    Frieda, the girl with naturally curly hair

    Joe Cool - Snoopy's alter-ego

    Heather, the girl that Chuck always had a crush on - she was only on the TV specials, never in the comic strips

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the lady who called her sir! So funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:20:00 PM

    Oh, Devyn, I am a HUGE Charlie Brown fan! You should see my house - I have Charlie Brown and Snoopy on my security door, knickknacks on my mantle, and I make my kids watch the cartoons. Do Jeremy and Spencer remember watching all the Peanuts cartoons in 1st grade? Yesterday my son and daughter were pretend trick-or-treating and he kept saying, "I got a rock!"

    Here are my favorite characters in no particular order....

    Charlie Brown....I have memories of crying after watching a Peanuts episode as a kid because I was so sad at how CB was being treated. Wish I could remember which episode it was.

    Lucy...wish I had the chonies this girl has! But I like that sometimes she gets her due.

    Linus...love his attachment to his blanket!

    Schroeder...wish I could play the piano like him. Particularly like the Christmas episode where Lucy asks him to play Jingle Bells.

    Sally...so in love with Linus and such a scorned woman when she missed tricks-or-treats.

    Snoopy...c'mon....who can't love him? When I saw a real beagle dog, I couldn't believe it was truly a beagle. I thought they all looked like Snoopy!

    And finally....Marcie....particularly in the Easter Beagle episode where she keeps screwing up cooking the eggs. I love Peppermint Pattie's reactions in this episode, but I love Marcie more!!

    I'll have to email you a pic of my security door...

    Kathy Meindl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally remember how much you love them, now that you mention it! Awesome! I obviously wasn't around and just love the enthusiasm so much! I found a bunch of great archives online while I researched this post and am enjoying reading them all!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...