10.14.2011

Seven Reasons I Love/Hate The DVR


Heya!

Do you have a DVR? 

I know a crazy family that had 4 at one time.  That family happens to be mine.  Hey mom and dad!

Anyways, my own house has had a DVR since I moved back to AZ from Vegas and I have a love/hate relationship with it.  It extends to TV as a whole too, sometimes. 

Am I the only one?  Does this ridiculous takeover by the cable companies and machines freak anyone else out? Just me? Cool.

We have a DVR and ever since the fall shows have returned KM and I are having trouble keeping up!  There are shows on our DVR still from SEPTEMBER.  This is crazy.  We are slaves to the machine.  Let me explain.

Seven Facets Of My Love/Hate Relationship With My DVR

  • Social Life Speedbumps.  My massive social schedule is interrupted on a daily basis by my DVR screaming my name.  Its like "Devyn, I have shows for youuuuuuu and I'm recording more today!".
  • Backwards. Isn't that backwards though?  Shouldn't my DVR be freeing up my social time, not stepping into it?  It should be letting me live my life because I don't need to be tethered to my TV to watch my programs.  
  • Entitlement. The DVR has created a sense of entitlement in those of us that have one.  I am entitled to watch all of my shows, and how dare the president interrupt my sitcoms?  I can watch all the shows, not just one per time slot.  I MUST watch all the shows.  I don't have to pick just one, that's absurd.  I can't believe that stupid dancing show ran late into my medical drama tonight. 
  • Tethered To The Machine.  I can admit it.  My DVR runs my life.  When I take a weekend trip to Tucson, I make sure I take out the trash, pack my clothes and clear some space on the dang DVR.  Oh yeah and water the plants and make sure to turn the AC up.  But the DVR is definitely in the top 3 things I worry about when I leave my house overnight.  What the heck is up with that?!(I love it.)
  • Addiction To Shows.  It used to be I would catch a show when I had the time.  I would be kind of funny on the story lines and character happenings.  I would try to catch up but mostly I would just be content with watching an hour of funny time.  Now I watch everything and get angry if I missed anything, especially if it was the machine's fault. 
  • Couch Time.  I spend all my time on the couch/my recliner.  Watch TV all the time.  Not live though, never ever live.  Watching commercials?  Are you kidding me?  That is for the people without DVRs.  Sorry marketing companies, I don't care for your 30 second sales pitches.
  • My Wallet Hates Me.  See, I get the DIY network.  I watch tons of the shows on this network.  Then I want to go and do it myself(get it?) and then my wallet suffers.  I see Mr. Muenster rip up a bathroom and install a killer shower with body jets and I want to run out to Home Depot right away.  
Do you love your DVR?  Or do you hate it?  I can't decide if I love it or hate it more.  Discuss in the comments please, my valued readers.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...