10.20.2011

Seven Excellent Concerts

Do you like music?

Do you like concerts?

I do.  I've been to a few concerts in my day. 

Not as many as I wish, thanks to the ridiculous prices of tickets these days.  I do splurge every once in a while and am always scouring the web for bargains or deals.  What's up with 50$ tickets?

Also at the most recent concerts I have been to, 75% of people had their phone out.  25% were texting, and the rest were taking videos and photos.  You can't just enjoy a concert in the moment? You have to watch it through your camera screen or maybe miss a special look because you were texting.  Its distracting for me to see so many people with their glowing phones out. 

Despite that, I have seen some really great concerts and look forward to seeing more.  Here is a quick look at 7 of them.


Seven Excellent Concerts I've Attended

  • Kiss.  Fire, Rock, Fire, and more Rock.  This is what this concert meant to me.  My family and I all went to this together in Tucson.  An excellent concert all around and the pyrotechnics were amazing!  I remember when one of them flew above the audience on some sort of rig and thought that was the coolest thing ever, until I saw Gene Simmons blow fire.  Then they did "Beth" and I saw hundreds of people holding their lighters up.  Real life.  It was fantastic!
  • Fall Out Boy, Panic! At The Disco, and those other guys.  This was my first concert I ever attended solo.  Oct 2005, Mesa Amphitheater.  It was an awesome show.  I went for Fall Out Boy and learned of panic and was an instant fan.  To attend alone, it was quite a step for me as the lone wolf I like to be.  Also Fall Out Boy was a really great live act!  I also met the Panic! guys behind the venue at their bus cause I was wandering around lost looking for where I parked my car.
  • Dwight Yokham.  A favorite of my dad's, my family and I came to see this show a long while back at one of the amphitheaters here in Phoenix.  I am familiar with his music and acting but this concert experience was definitely an eye opener to me.  People were drinking beer *gasp* and smoking *YIKES* and making out all over the place.  The music and performance was really great, but not what I took away from this concert. 
  • Motion City Soundtrack, Ok Go, and those other guys.  This was during my college year.  I treated myself and my three friends to this show and we had a really good time.  It was at the Marquee Theater in Tempe and remains my only general admission standing room only style concert.  It was four bands, but I only remember two of them.  We went to see Motion City and discovered OK Go at this time.  I love concerts where I discover new favorites. 
  • John Mayer and Maroon 5.  Saw this when I was in high school with Agent Z herself.  Was really unfamiliar with Maroon 5 at the time and really enjoyed this unknown band and have been a fan ever since.  Then Mr. Mayer came on, and this was around the time Heavier Things came out when he was that cool sexy singer songwriter with that song about my body being a wonderland.  It was a wonderful show, and remains one of my favorite concert shirts ever. 
  • The Band Perry.  Just this week I saw this cute country family band at the AZ State Fair.  Two brothers and their sister sure know how to put on a show.  The brothers should really consider wearing pants that are less tight though, in this girl's opinion.  The sister is also really pretty and can play guitar and sing live!  A win.  Get into this band, it will be worth your time. 
  • MC Hammer.  Now, I do not remember this concert at all.  I am told I went with my parents and that I was a big MC Hammer fan when I was young.  I do remember my favorite pajama shirt of many years, and that was my concert shirt from this show.  I wonder if my parents still have that in a box someplace...
What are your favorite concert memories?  I bet Herc could write a post of his own on all of his favorite concerts....Tell me your faves and least faves in the comments!

4 comments:

  1. I'd have to say the best concert I have been to is either Coheed&Cambria with Cory and Ben or Atreyu and Escape the Fate with Cory and J, both at the rialto. So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maroon 5 and John Mayer was awesome!! Too bad Mayer's a total douche now. I do still enjoy Adam Levine though!

    My favorite concert/life changing moment was NKOTBSB!!!!!!!!! Keith Urban was also pretty awesome. ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What was cool about the motion city concert was we got to do a meet and greet...remember?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! I don't think I've ever been to a concert... weird. I'll just stick to my musicals I guess. :) Oh, duh! I totally saw Cher and she puts on quite a show, so I think I'd be disappointed in any other concert. Carrie Underwood was at the Stadium of Fire last year, so that was sort of a mini concert and she was AWESOME! So, if my Stadium of Fire concerts (which is a 4th of July celebration, FYI) count, then I have also seen the Jonas Brothers (guilty pleasure - and they total sang my beloved Sweet Caroline!) and Brooks and Dunn. I think my fave was Cher though, haha - she is seriously AWESOME. Her shows are HUGE!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...