10.30.2011

Seven Halloween Treats For Your Next Fiesta

I have always wanted to throw a party for Halloween. 

I might someday, but I already have the ideas for the food and treats!

Pinterest - heard of it?  They've helped me out a lot.  Also Pinterest is the reason for the lack of my productivity.

Seven Halloween Treats
  • Mystery Box(of eyeballs) - All I will do is peel a bowl full of grapes and get them nice and cold.  Then I will paint a box black with a cut out in the top of it and add a creative sign.  Something about stick your hand in here, eyes were seen here, blah blah.  And now I've ruined my surprise for everyone.
  • Brain Cupcakes - I will bake vanilla cupcakes and fill with something red.  Jam or cherry filling or something like that.  Then I will make a putrid beige colored icing and pipe it to look like brains.  Then you crack it it open and the blood comes out.
  • Spider Webs - Take some pretzel rods and arrange them in an asterisk shape like this: *.  Connect the pretzels with concentric lines of white chocolate and a bit of a blob in the center.  Then fashion a mini spider out of a brown M&M and some chocolate jimmies. Repeat for all guests.  
  • Candy Corn Sugar Cookies - Make your favorite roll-able sugar cookie dough recipe.  Divide dough in three and color some orange, yellow and leave some white.  Layer the colors in a pan, chill. cut the stacked dough into strips and then cut them into triangles.  The will be reversed but adorable!  Food color is magic.
  • Ear Wax - Take an old box of q-tips.  Empty and set aside.  Then take some lollipop sticks and put a mini marshmallow on each end.  Dip each marshmallow in some butterscotch or caramel sauce to resemble ear wax.  GROSS but also perfect and delicious.
  • Eyeball Truffles - White chocolate truffles in a traditional round shape.  Pipe on them in colors to make the irises and then red lines for a bloodshot look.  I literally just thought this up.  GOLD STAR.
  • Witch Hats - Take one of those fudge shoppe cookies that the bottom half is dipped in chocolate.  Flip it to chocolate side up.  Then put a naked kiss on top.  Using a festive colored icing, pipe a ribbon decor where the hat meets the brim. 
Are my treats too cute-sy?  I guess I should wait till I have kids to throw that party...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...