10.11.2011

Seven Reasons I Love Home Depot

I bought my house.

I love to do the maintenance around said house.

I love tools and fixing things.  I have contemplated breaking things just to have to fix them.

There are three places to shop for the supplies I need in my book.  Big blue, Home Depot or the little red. 

I like the little red, its convenient and specialized.  I prefer the big box feel.  Better prices and selection I think.  Or maybe I'm just one of the masses who supports American consumerism.

There are two options in the big box department.  Big blue and Home Depot.  I have several personal experiences that justify why I favor Home Depot over its blue rival.  But I also have these reasons:
image from here
Seven Reasons I Love Home Depot
  • The Floor.  Its cement.  Polished and buffed cement.  Nothing special.  BUT its always clean.  Cleaner than the grocery store most of the time.  You can totally slide along it.  That is quite a leg workout too.  Yep, I love the floor at home depot.  I'm a nerd and also really weird sometimes.
  • Orange.  Orange is so much better than Blue.  Cross my heart and hope to die.  I also just prefer orange as a color.  I really like comparing stores by using their colors rather than their names.  Incognito.  Cool.  Top Secret.
  • The Aprons.  Aprons are so much better than vests.  And why are their vests red and not blue?  The aprons are orange and match.  I appreciate that.  Now let's get real.
  • The People.  People at Home Depot are approximately 96.7% nicer that those employed by Lowe's.  I have conducted the research myself.  I have never once been taken seriously at L, have actually been laughed at by L employees.  I am familiar with more than a couple of the employees at Home Depot. 
  • The Services.  Home Depot offers incredible services.  They have pull in the market since they are so large, and just know how to rock a good deal.  Installations, kitchen designs and everything else they offer.  They really do offer it all too, can't wait to experience more of them. 
  • The Advice.  I can go to HD and ask the dude in the plumbing department why water is spewing out of my toilet's hook up.  He will laugh, ask if I have some photos, and then show me what I need to buy and how I need to hook it up.  They actually have a toilet set up that they can show how to work on its plumbing.  He shows me and makes sure I have all the tools I need so I don't need to come back.  He's awesome.  His name is Ed.  At L once, I asked the man in lumber if they had a redwood gate that was 30-36 inches wide.  He said "Honey, you don't need a gate, you need a clue".  I went to the back of his department, got my gate, paid for it and left.
  • Its the place where everybody know's my name. I can walk into my Home Depot and be recognized and called by name.  At least two but up to five people know me and I recognize almost all of them.  This has made me a lifelong customer.  Customer service goes a very long way in Devyn's book.  Sold.
You like Lowe's more than Home Depot?  Go away.  Or just don't tell me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...