10.09.2011

Seven Shopping Havens

Who doesn't enjoy shopping? 

I do.  I probably enjoy it more than most and I surely enjoy more than my wallet does. 

Oh well, life is short, cliche cliche cliche.

I don't do the 5th Avenue luxury shopping thing though.  I don't like designer things, I don't care to dress any nicer than my uniform of t-shirts and jeans.  I don't carry nice purses.  I can't wear jewelery at work and don't much care for it.  I'm low maintenance. 

I do like sales.  I actually love a bargain.  I love when that box on my reciept says:

Total Spent:  $50.00
Total Saved: $150.00

...or something amazing like that.  My dad always tells my mom not to even bother coming home unless she saves more than she spends.  She takes it very seriously and its awesome. 

I love the rush.  Who doesn't like a bit of adrenaline? 

Here are some of my favorite places to shop.
Seven Shopping Havens
  • 99¢ Only Stores - I fell in love with this store when I lived in Las Vegas.  I was making lucrative amounts of money, but I loved to spend it at the dollar store.  I have never enjoyed ANY dollar store as much as this one.  Everything is only 99¢ or like 2/99¢ or 3/99¢.  Its easy to know how much you're spending and is really fun to just see how far $10 will take ya.  (hint: ITS REALLY FAR)
  • Home Depot - Do I really need to explain this orange heaven?  Have I not explained my massive love enough to you?  Guess not.  Look forward to that post tomorrow then, I guess. 
  • Target - My first love.  My first job.  A dream come true, really.  Allow me to explain the ways I used to and still love this place:
    • I look amazing in red.  That said, I hate khaki.  
    • I am an excellent ambassador for Target.  Both when they employed me and since then.
    • I still shop there, years after employment.  I know a lot of people who avoid places they used to work as something was ruined for them
    • Normal folks(non target employees) don't know how to read the clearance tags and tell if they are really getting a deal.  Most have caught on as to where to find the clearance shelves though, which is awesome. 
    • Smells the same no matter where you are.  I've been to a target almost everywhere I've traveled and its always a great way to feel like I was back home.  Is that weird?
    • They have the best Black Friday sales, I have been every year for 4 or more.  It is always my first stop and the one I look forward to the most.  
    • You can get everything you need there.  EVERYTHING.  Food, rugs, clothes, drugs, furniture, candy, cat litter, paint rollers, lightbulbs, alcohol, toothbrushes and so on.
  • Home Goods - A cousin store to Marshall's.  I've never been to a stand alone Marshall's...I don't think.  I don't even know how I met this store.  I do know that I love it.  I go sporadically to catch the new waves of their stock.  I have so many incredible finds from there.  Stuff I never knew I was looking for but totally needed!  I don't know how to explain my love of this store with mere words.
  • Goodwill/Thrift Stores - I like Goodwill.  It has always been my favorite.  I venture into the others but the snob in me really appreciates a certain level of cleanliness and standards.  I find incredible things here and enjoy looking for them even more. 
  • IKEA - Haven't I explained this before?  I love this Swedish Yellow & Blue Kingdom.  I think their furniture is great and affordable and allows you to change your style with your lifestyle.  They have bomb-a$$ cinnamon rolls that are ¢heap!!!  Hot dogs too, and mac and cheese and of course those Swedish meatballs.  I'd guess that 80# of my furniture hails from this Mecca.
  • Bookmans - A Tucson original with outposts here in Phoenix, this is the best place to go book hunting.  You will never pay full price, mostly about 50% and books are in good condition and there is absolutely something for EVERYONE there.  They have expanded past books into media and other vintage and antique items.  Please, refrain from telling me if you have never been.  I don't even want to know.  You may find more, here.  They also support a lot of great causes and are anti-censorship.  I'm down.

I gotta know where you love to shop!  Tell me all of your secrets!!!  Hit the comments right away!

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part about the fact that you worked at targets that you taught me how to read all the fancy codes on their tags and stuff. I love DSW. And khols

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those stores!! Target is my fave - when I was preggars, Joe and I would just go to Target and "shop" through every aisle. I know that you will understand how awesome this really is.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...