10.15.2011

Seven Reasons I Wanna Go To Washington D.C.

Guess what?  I am currently in a big fight.

With the travel bug.  I'm losing.  I just wanna GO!  I've never felt it so bad before.  So I am gonna channel it into this blog. 

Last year I went to the greater DC area for the first time.  I flew into DCA and saw some of the big landmarks from the sky.  That's it.  I never saw anything.  It was a learning trip for work and I was lacking free time.  It is kind of a shame.  But I had a really great time.  I just really want to go back.

Seven Reasons I Wanna Go To Washington DC
  • The White House.  1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.  The house where Mr. Obama and his family lives.  Its where the President lives.  Also, its an incredibly fascinating building with a rich history and tons of amazing trivia.  I have wanted to go here since I saw Graceland, I am now fascinated with public houses. 
  • Lincoln Memorial.  I just really want to see the giant statue of Lincoln sitting.  That's all.  Plus its on the penny. 
  • The Smithsonian.  Julia Child's kitchen lives here now!  I have to see that.  Also, every other radical piece of American/World history that resides here. Bonus: National Archives too please, all the amazing documents!  Just like in National Treasure.
  • Mount Vernon.  Washington's house.  George and Martha's home.  Their estate.  I wanna go!  Why? Couldn't tell you.  But it must happen.
  • Library Of Congress.  The biggest library in the world.  I.Must.Go. 
  • Washington Monument.  Thank goodness the earthquake didn't destroy this very tall obelisk.  I haven't seen it yet! 
  • People Watching.  I just want to ride the train all over, and watch people.  Then I want to sit in a park and watch all the people going by.  So many different types of people.  Also, there is a lot of really good food to be had in this city.  I must go. 
I gotta go!  Have you been to DC?  Tell me about it in the comments.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...