8.11.2011

Seven Wonderful Cereals

Welcome to Thursday.  It is the day before your beloved Friday.  It has always been a hard day to get through for me.  I have a few tricks though.  One of them is to eat something that makes me happy. 

Cereal makes me happy. Sugar loaded, processed, colorful boxed kids cereal really makes me happy.  I am not a kid, just an awesome young adult.  I really like it. 

With milk or without.

Breakfast time.

Dinner time.

Snack time.

As soon as I get home from the grocery store with my latest find time. 

These are the times I enjoy my favorite cereals.  That's not to say these are my favorites, I refuse to nail that list down.  These are just 7 cereals that are making me drool as I type this. 

Seven Wonderful Cereals:
  • Frosted Mini Wheats.  These are pretty much the best cereal.  Completely snack-able as a dry cereal, fantastic as a milk soaked treat.  I always liked the BIG ones that couldn't fit on the spoon but I feel like they cost too much for too little.  They even seem kinda healthy.  Probably a lie.
  • Cinnabon Cereal.  This is a true marketing gem.  Never heard of this cereal before it called my name from the endcap at my local grocery store.  "DEVYN!"  I ran to it, like a crazed person does.  I saw the magnified, edited photo on the cover and decided I must consume that cereal. What? Its on sale 2 for 4?  My destiny was sealed.  I ate that first box in 3 days.  The second I saved for another week and ate it just as rapidly.  Its perfectly crunchy, cinnamony, doesn't grate your gums and doesn't get all nasty when soggy.  Could it be my best impulse buy yet?
  • Cocoa Puffs.  I love to drink the milk my cereal marinates.  Any cereal!  My parents used to make us drink the milk before we could be finished with breakfast so it became a habit.  Now I do it by choice and cocoa puffs are the BEST milk marinaters.  They turn it into legit chocolate milk.  Also they are crunchy and delicious.  Yes I just called cereal "milk marinaters", that is the cereal's purpose in life. 
  • Life.  Speaking of life, another great cereal.  I love the little sugar granules that you can see through the weaved cereal fibers.  I love to eat this dry almost as much as I love to eat it with almond milk.  There is just a specific ratio that must be adhered to of marination time.  It can't be too long, otherwise your cereal is mush at the end.  That must be avoided.
  • Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  How do they make those awesome swirls?  Its like magic.  Sugar coated cereals are a shoe in with children it seems, but I like to lick off the sugar and then eat this cereal dry.  The texture of this delicacy in milk is unparalleled in the world of cereal, though.  I'd rather eat this cereal than the actual cinnamon toast.  Remember when they made French Toast Crunch?  A disaster, the likes of which I hope to never witness again.  Do not mess with a good thing.  When will they learn?
  • Apple Jacks.  Hooray for food coloring!  Are these actually supposed to taste like apples?  I don't think they taste like apples.  They taste like cinnamon.  The fact that they are rings and have random red specks really works for me though.  And again, delicious milk product at the end.  Finish strong!
  • Lucky Charms.  Who else eats the cereal part and saves the marshmallows for the end?   Who else wishes they made a limited run of marshmallow only boxes?  I think the marshmallows taste different too.  Like the blue moons taste weird compared to the pots of gold.  Not to mention the funky purple horseshoes and those rotten red balloons.  I solve that problem by eating all marshmallows at once, because lets be honest, its the texture that brings it home.  Hearts, stars, horseshoes, clovers and blue moons, pots of gold and rainbows and me red balloons!(catchy, right?)
 Honorable Mentions include: Honey Bunches Of Oats w/Peaches, Honeycomb, Team Cheerios, and Reese's Peanut Butter Crunch. 

Do not talk to me about Trix or Fruit Loops. I do not even want to hear it.

Am I crazy?  Do you enjoy cereal as much as I do?

4 comments:

  1. Herc remembers eating 4 cereals growing up:
    King Vitamin, C.W. Post, Alpha-Bits and Cap'N Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch. C.W. Post was a high-priced sweet granola cereal that he would happily eat until he goes to that Great Big Cereal Bowl In The Sky if it was still in production. He remembers his cousins eating Freakies and Cookie Crisp at Texas Grandma's house during the summer while he ate his C.W. Post. Herc's go-to cereals these days are Dev's beloved Frosted Mini-Wheats (original only, none of the fruity flavors) and Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Crunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! What a fun post! I love cereal! It's so horrible for you, so this post is also a little bit depressing for me. :( Oh yummmmmmmmmm. I could go for a bowl of Lucky Charms right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure I would ever eat a cereal that had VITAMIN in the title. Sort of counter productive, HERC.

    Steph, I had two bowls of lucky charms for dinner last night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried to comment the other day, but it didn't go through! So here's my attempt at a do-over:
    I love cereal, too! But many of the ones you mentioned are foreign to me because, as you may remember, I grew up in a house where "sweet and sugary" meant Bran Flakes with Strawberries. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...