8.02.2011

Seven Movies That Make Me Happy

Hi there.

Can you believe its August already?  I can't. Where has the summer gone?  Crazy! Time flies.

I like to avoid the scorching heat in the summer and there is no better way than  to watch a movie.  Be it in the frigid theaters or at home with fans cooling you down, movies are a wonderful escape!  They can take you away from your day to day problems and into a fantasy land.  Movies are awesome!

I just happen to like happy movies.  Chick flicks, rom-coms, funny movies, movies with happy endings.  I tend to shy away from action and horror movies.  I have a handful that I turn to when I just want to pop one in and get away for a few hours.  They make me happy!

Seven Movies That Make Me Happy:
  •    Juno.  Ellen Page makes Diablo Cody's witty dialogue seem like child's play.  The first time I saw this movie, I was annoyed with it. It tried too hard to be hip, I thought.  Then I saw it again. And again.  And again.  I can't get enough of this movie and the real-ness of all of the characters and the storyline.  It ends on a happy note and the dialogue makes me laugh every single time despite the fact that I have it all almost memorized.  
  • Lilo & Stitch.  This animated Disney movie was aimed at a much younger audience than me.  However the focus on Elvis Presley and the cute alien were too much for me to pass up!  I loved experiment #626 and Lilo so much.  Plus that song Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride just kinda sticks in your head.   
  • Miss Congeniality.  Sandra Bullock is one of my all time favorite actresses ever.  This movie was such a turning point for her in my eyes.  She played an awkward tomboy FBI agent that was transformed into a beautiful pageant contestant.  Such a funny movie and just an all around happy sort of movie.  See it.
  • Legally Blonde.  Reese Witherspoon is another one of my favorites.  This movie is just so silly and sort of ridiculous.  Its light and doesn't deal with many deep issues and is just a great escape!  'Nuff said.
  • 10 Things I Hate About You.  My perfect teenage love story movie.  I also always had a crush on Heath Ledger.  There was also a time where I could recite her "I hate the way you talk to me and the way you cut your hair." sonnet.  That time was three seconds ago.  Yep, I'm just that awesome.
  • Bridesmaids. This movie is still in theaters.  I haven't seen it more than once.  I saw it with a badly bruised tailbone and couldn't get comfortable or laugh too hard without severe pain but it was so damn good.  I loved it and was in fits the whole movie.  Those ladies were hilarious.  I have plans to see this movie at least 2 more times when it makes it to the cheap theaters here and buy it when it finally makes it to DVD.  I give it the 7w/D award for best movie of 2011.
  • Zoolander.  Who hasn't practiced "blue steel" look in the mirror?  I have also conquered turning left and really want to go visit the Derek Zoolander Center For Children Who Can't Read Good and Want to Learn to Do Other Stuff Good.  Best use of that Wham! song ever. 
A Few Honorable Mentions: 50 First Dates(stellar soundtrack), Fever Pitch(love Jimmy), My Big Fat Greek Wedding(put some windex on it)

What are your go to happy movies? 

4 comments:

  1. 13 Going on 30, Bewitched, The Princess Bride, Beauty and the Beast, Newsies, A&E Pride and Prejudice, and Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love 13 going on 30. Shes another one of my faves. I used to have beauty and the beast sheets, so it goes without saying that I am a fan. And KM loves Newsies, so I have seen that a lot..I have never seen the last two on your list though...I'll try to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:30:00 PM

    The one that makes me laugh out loud is The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. For ones that bring back the memories, Singing in the Rain and Mary Poppins. Kathy Meindl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a good movie! "Eee-yah-ee-yah" so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...