8.17.2011

Seven Photos of Elvis Presley

Hey there, Elvis fans!  To those of you who have tuned out, you are missing out.  I just thought you should know.  Welcome back to Elvis week! 

Today I am trying something new. 

Photos.

An entire post of photos.  With a few words so I can explain my favorite Elvis shots.

See, since I never actually SAW Elvis, pictures are all I've ever really had to go on.  I have several volumes of Elvis photo books.  They are how I know Elvis.  I want to introduce you to him in that way. 

Ready?

Okay!

 I call this one "Spikey hair".  I can't help but love his jawline and his sidevburn stubs.  Its just a striking portrait of the man.  The fact that he is not smiling just adds to the mystery, but you I can look into his eyes forever.  Full disclosure: This hangs in a 2 foot by 4 foot format over my fireplace here in my casa. I see it everyday and am never tired of it.  And yes, that's how big a fan I am.


Does that guy look 30 to you?  I would never believe he was 30 there.  He was and doesn't he look awesome?  He's on the roof of some building somewhere and staring off someplace.  He just looks really healthy and contemplative to me.  Plus his hair isn't dyed the dark dark black that was his signature.  Note the sideburns are a little more than stubs now...


 This is a still from the movie Charro!  It was Elvis' western movie, where he didn't sing.  More important than any of that, and even more important than the sexy cowboy getup was the facial hair.  Look at that beard!  I love the bearded Elvis.  Not a great movie, but fun to watch to see him all duded up like this.  This post is quickly becoming a love fest of epic proportions.  I love this guy!


 This is from when Elvis went back to Tupelo and did a charity concert if I'm not mistaken.  There are a ton of images from this concert and they are all very famous.  It just shows him doing what he truly loved.  There's another image in the series where he is up on his toes that is just as awesome.  This just seems to be the essence of Elvis Presley.  Early in his career, before the crazy came, before the drugs and demons took over and when he was at the high point of his life. 


 Shirtless!  Almost doesn't look like him, if you cover the hair.  Again with the natural hair color and the sideburns are no longer stubs, they are on their way to being full blown chops.  His pants are pulled up over his belly button and hes pasty and scrawny but I don't care!  Look how sultry he looks!  A model, even though he always had an unconventional beauty about him.  *swoon*


 This is from another movie, GI Blues(check out the dog tags).  However, look at that smile!  And his spiked up hair!  And the lack of sideburns!  He looks mischievous and funny and like hes having a blast!  I always prefer to think of happy, young Elvis.  Before the world really started to weigh on his shoulders.  This is how I like to remember The King.


 Biggest. Smile. Ever.  Look at that smile!  I can't stop.  Squinty eyes tell me he's probably laughing.  Check out the full chops!  I'd say this was taken right around 1970 give or take a couple years.  What was so funny Mr. Presley, I wanna laugh with you!!!!



There ends my first ever photo round up.  I hope you enjoy these photos and my commentary. 



*****All photos are credit to their original sources, I found them all over the web and in my big fat folder of saved Elvis pics, but I certainly am not taking credit for any images here.  Just praising some very lucky photographer's work!*****

3 comments:

  1. Thank you. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:00:00 PM

    Um I <3 cowboy Elvis with facial hair. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never seen sideburn length monitored with such love...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...