8.26.2011

Seven Schoolboy Crushes

Hey, can we talk?

Okay, good. 

I feel very powerful as the curator of this blog.  I have my own private corner of the interwebs and there are a select few that follow everything I post on here, religiously. I have people that are alarmed when my posts are late or if I miss a post(accidentally).  I feel like you people rely on me and hold me in high regard. 

I'm probably wrong, but that's okay.  It helps me be more diligent and follow through with this daily blogging thing.  

As the powerful, pace setting blog curator I get the privilege of hosting guest bloggers.  I get to preview their posts, and edit them as I see fit and then I post them here under my blog with my name on it.  I approve of these people and want you to read what they write!  That's why I have guest posts!

Sometimes I write all entries in a week.  Sometimes Herc contributes 3 or 4.  Sometimes I have two guest posts a week.  Sometimes I put three guest posts in a row.  This is just how it works!

My inspiration and creativity comes in spurts.  Its just how it is.  This happens to be my blog, so I am fortunate enough to have guest bloggers!

Like today, Herc is back.  He has some crushes to share with you too.  Enjoy it, because I did!


7 Schoolboy Crushes

In the “7 Slabs Of Vinyl That Ruined My Life” post, Herc gave you a glimpse of the wonderful mess that was his schoolboy love life - or lack thereof.  This time around, there’s no music, just names and memories.  Relate if you can and ridicule in comments if you can’t.

Diana B.
was the elementary school girl that every boy liked, the most popular girl in school. Diana had pretty eyes and a gorgeous baby toothed smile.  She knew this and was a master manipulator at a very young age, teasing and flirting just enough to keep you interested before dropping you and smashing you under her Converse rubber soles.

Becky W.
lived across the street.  She had red hair and the obligatory freckles and she was smart and possessed the soul of someone much older.  When she ran, she ran with her elbows up and her arms in front of her, almost like a boxer but she could out run just about every guy  including Herc.  She resisted every advance towards a relationship beyond friends.  Her family moved away while Herc was vacationing out of state.
 Donna F. was the out of town girl who came to visit, a friend of the family.  She was the tough rocker chick who modeled herself after Joan Jett/Pat Benatar and we bonded over Van Halen’s Women And Children First album.   She had an amazing soft side as well.  An interesting study in contrast.

Sally V.
was easygoing and fun to be around.  She went away to summer camp and wrote letters on paper plates - one long spiral - and folded them up and mailed them back to Herc.  She had a fraternal twin brother named Todd.  Sally’s best feature?  Her squinty-eyed laugh.  Herc’s first make-out partner, he cut his tongue on her braces but it was worth it.

Stacy R.
sat behind Herc in most classes freshman year because alphabetically, her surname was closest to his.  She was fiesty and outspoken and could talk for hours about anything.   Herc didn’t realize it at the time but he missed her a lot after he moved away.

Joy C.
was an older girl - eighth grader - who Herc sat next to on the bus.  His was one of the last stops in the morning and the seat beside her was always empty, so he always took it.  She never said a word to him.  She didn’t have to.  A brassy, “well developed” blond with a voice incapable of low volume, he could hear her at school many, many doors away.  One day, Joy made the mistake of wearing a tube top to school - Herc noticed it immediately on the bus, under an unzipped track jacket.  At recess, someone snuck up behind her and pulled her top down and Herc, along with twenty or so other boys in the immediate vicinity, saw “them”. Neither Joy nor the boy who pulled her top down returned to our school and Herc never saw either ever again.

Debbie B. was THE junior high hottie: head cheerleader, student council president and just the perfect girl next door - not conceited, not a mean bone in her body. Nice to everyone. The day Debbie had her braces removed was one of the single greatest days of young Herc’s life. That bright smile she had always possessed was finally unleashed at its full, blinding magnitude. As impossible as it seemed, the hot girl just got hotter. When it came time to go to high school, her parents wisely sent her to Catholic school.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like someone is missing from this list....although I like the paper plate idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. KMO, I assure you that all my mental faculties were fully functioning when I compiled this list. (Truth be told, Debbie B. had an equally hot looking younger sister but she wasn't nearly as nice to be around.) I originally intended it to stop before high school but could not come up with another crush that I hadn't already mentioned in a previous blog so I plucked Stacy R. from relative obscurity as my first crush in high school. So many more crushes, loves and heartaches were to follow before the woman who became Mrs. Herc appeared on the radar. So, so many more.

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...