8.03.2011

Seven Foods That Keep Me From Vegetarianism

Another food post?

Really Devyn?

Yes, really.

Here's why, they say "write what you know".  I know food. We are gonna have to deal with that together.  

This is the follow up post to my post wondering why I wasn't a vegetarian here.  As much as I hate all of that stuff, I love all of this stuff even more.


Seven Foods That Keep Me From Being A Vegetarian or Vegan:
  • Cheese. Who knew milk could make something so wonderful?  Cheddar, mozzarella, parmesan, provolone, brie, mascarpone, swiss, and on and on.  So delicious.  Alone, on things, in things, with other things, anyway you want it!  Melty, gooey, cheesey goodness. 
  • Cheeseburgers.  Please see my ode to cheese above.  Add to that some top quality beef ground and pressed into a perfect patty.  Add a few other toppings and bingo! A solid burger can heal me.  It can elevate a blasé day to a fantastic day!  Look out for a post on my best burgers! I can feel it a-comin'!
  • Sausage. Sometimes sausage gets a bad reputation, that nasty pair of words comes up sometimes(meat filler).  Sometimes it is just sublime, seasoned, meaty, paradise.  That pizza I wrote about at Pizzeria Bianco has homemade fennel sausage on it and without it, I wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much.  I die.
  • Bacon.  Do I even need to explain this to you?  Honestly?  Put it on that cheeseburger and eat it.  Fry it up and eat it by the pound like my little brother.  Take some thick-cut applewood smoked bacon and make the best BLT of your life.  Nothing could ever take bacon away from me.  This is probably the #1 reason I will never be able to ditch meat or animal products.  Sorry to all the vegetarians out there.  Bacon is amazing. 
  • Eggs.  Know what's cool?  Eggs.  They are the most versatile ingredient in my kitchen.  You can make a cake, brownies, angelfood, meringues, buttercream, custards, and even cookies.  Then you take them over to the savory side and you make quiche, scrambled eggs, fried eggs, french toast(swoon!), hard boiled eggs. They can be the most delicious thing, but they are also one more thing that can gross me out, I'll leave the specifics up to you but I'll be damned if I can't help but enjoy them!
  • Hot Dogs.  All beef, soft bun, condiments, cold beverage.  Yep, simple things.
  • Steak.  Beef, thick, slightly charred, well seasoned, perfectly cooked to medium, with some potatoes and sweet corn on the cobone of the most satisfying meals.  A special treat for me to have steak.  Most of the time I grill a burger patty and eat it with a steak knife and A1 sauce and call it my poor Devyn's steak.  Mmmmm.
Honorable Mention: BUTTER.
     Do you have a similar list of things you could never give up?  I need to go eat some of these delicious treats like now. 

    2 comments:

    1. Butter only gets an honorable mention? Sad. I would never give up butter, raw milk, eggs, and then of course I need me an all beef hot dog every now and then as well and who can live without a burger fresh from the grill? NOT I! And I guess I'll add two more just to make it seven - honey (some people consider this, right?) and ... SOUR CREAM! Vegetarian or not my burritos/enchiladas/carnitas NEED sour cream on them. It's a new found obsession of mine.

      ReplyDelete
    2. butter is the eighth one. i was so sure of it and now i'm second guessing myself. dangit steph!

      Honey doesn't come from animals so I'm not one of those people, however I will never stop eating honey. Ever.

      Sour Cream is funny...i love it too. On everything.

      ReplyDelete

    Keep it friendly, friends!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...