8.07.2011

Seven Favorite Bite Sized Candies (not bars)

Another Sunday with no guest blogger.

Are you people telling me you haven't thought of a fun 7w/D list after reading this?  That my thought provoking words haven't helped your creative juices?  That you don't want in on this great blog?

.....

Fine.

Today I bring you the follow up to my post about candy bars.  Today we are about candies - not bars.  The kind you can pop in your mouth or come in bite size pieces or even are individually wrapped.


Seven Favorite Bite Sized Candies (not bars):
  • Rolos.  Perfectly bite sized, indivdually wrapped and delicious to boot?  How much closer to perfect can you get?  Rich caramel, chocolate, and shiny gold wrappers are the winners!
  • Skittles.  Taste the rainbow indeed.  Fruity chewy goodness.  With my recent teeth troubles I can't enjoy them like i used to: pour half the bag and chew(hard).  Make a giant ball of delicious skittles.  I also heard you can make flavored vodka from them.  KM, get on it!
  • Raisinets.  Chocolate covered raisins.  Raisins are wonderful alone.  As a kid I used to plow through them in my school lunches.  I was a big fan of plain raisins.  I was also a fan of chocolate.  Then the two worlds collided and I have been hooked ever since.  I enjoy them from any provider, honestly and can polish off way more than the suggested serving size.  I'm talking 4x said size. Hello my name is Devyn and I'm an addict.
  • Milk Duds.  Another caramel chocolate combo.  The difference lies in the texture.  Milk Duds are more of a crapshoot, in that sometimes they may be hard as a rock and other times they are the perfect texture to pop in and enjoy without breaking your crown loose.  
  • Starburst.  Another chewy fruity confection. I prefer to eat them least favorite to favorite so obviously I eat the yellows, then the oranges.  Then I eat all of the pinks and save the reds for a sweet finish.  FORGET all of the other made up flavors, the original is the only ones that matter.  Same goes for the skittles, with sour skittles being the only exception.
  • Crispy M&M's.  I like the original m&m's.  They are not my go-to candy though, at all.  I prefer almost anything else.  I fell in love with a special variety back in the day.  Crispy M&M's.  They may have been my perfect candy.  Then, as with anything I love, THEY ARE GONE!  It has been years since I have had them, years since they were available, and years since I smiled the smile of a person enjoying crispy m&m's.  May they rest in peace. 
  • Riesen.  I may have saved the best for last.  A confection approaching its 100th birthday.  Dark chocolate enrobes a beautiful chocolate caramel.  Deliciously chewy, disgustingly rich, and oh so bad for your teeth.  I can't eat just one.  Or just a handful.  I eat the entire package.  Wrappers litter the floor and I start to wonder what just happened because I must have blacked out.  Easily my favorite indulgence that I have to actively avoid for my waistline, my dental bill and my own personal sanity.  Now you know what this girl runs on!


I am listening to my itunes library right now and guess what just appeared on shuffle? The musical theme to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.  I love that movie and ALL of the music in it.  I always wanted to have an oompa loompa.  More on my fascination with little people some other time.

What are your favorite candies?  Have you enjoyed mine? 

Have you never had a riesen?  Don't even bother telling me, just un-bookmark this site, un-friend me on facebook, erase my number from your phone and rip me out of all of your photos. 
(Just kidding. sorta)

    2 comments:

    1. I basically hate candy. I can get behind a bunch of the chocolate ones, but for the most part Easter is not my ideal holiday, I can get behind Halloween though, because I love me some Snickers bars. :) I do love Starbursts and Jolly Ranchers though, so outside of chocolate those are the only candies that I love. I do LOVE them.

      ReplyDelete
    2. you hate candy?

      How can those words come out of ANYONES mouth???

      ReplyDelete

    Keep it friendly, friends!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...