9.14.2011

Seven Reasons I LOVE Devyn!!!

I'm getting older.  Yep.  My birthday is coming up.  I am so looking forward to finally being old enough to drive!  Just kidding.  A lady never shares her age though.  Lets just say its more than 5 and less than 40.  

In true to Devyn fashion, I begged everyone I know to write me a post for my birthday week that I could share with you all and hopefully earn myself a week off!  I love to see how others interpret the 7 theme and it has been a success as far as I'm concerned.   It needs to be said that I have not paid these people for their services or actually thanked them.  They have had no real incentive to do this, my jedi mind skills are just. that.  good.

Starting off  my birthday week, I have a post written by Steph, you remember her from here.  You can generally find her commenting relentlessly on damn near every single post I put up on here.  She has been a fan from day one and I am pleased to present to you her exact post, no edits, no censorship, straight up facts!  Enjoy!

A quick note to Steph:  Thank you for this.  Such kind words and memories- some that I don't even recall!  This was the best birthday present you have ever given me!  Merci.  - D



For Devyn’s Birthday I want to share SEVEN reasons why I absolutely love and adore her.

Steph's Seven Reasons I LOVE Devyn!!!

FUN TO CHATTER WITH – And we would get in trouble for it as well. We worked at the library together and we’d chatter away while in the back sorting the books. I don’t understand why we got in so much trouble - we still did twice as much work as everyone who wasn’t talking. But anyway, we could talk forever and it made life much more fun and interesting.

FREE DESSERT BUFFET – Devyn catered my wedding for FREE. Who does that? What a great friend. She made a marvelous spread for my dessert buffet at my reception. THANKS DEVYN! I am still mad that I didn’t getting any of the cheesecake…

INSPIRES LAUGHTER – This woman makes me laugh FOREVER! She is so witty. I just love it.

PARTNER IN CRIME – I am not one to do sneaky things, but once upon a time we had this supervisor who really needed to lighten up and also was incapable of remembering anything. We decided to help her with that little problem and proceeded to put post it notes chalk full of reminders ALL OVER HER DESK AND COMPUTER! It was AWESOME! She didn’t really appreciate it, but it was hilarious. I don’t think it helped her to lighten up, but we should get some Good Samaritan awards for trying…

STICKS AROUND – Devyn is a constant friend. She has stuck around me for the past 7 years, when we very easily could have parted ways. She shows interest in my life and lets me in on hers. Devyn is AWESOME.

INDEPENDENT LADY – I have always admired Devyn’s attitude. How would you describe it? She just is certain of who she is and she shows it. She goes after what she wants and she does well at whatever she wants to do. You inspire me to be more independent and to accomplish some amazing things.

FRIEND FOR LIFE – Devyn is a person who I want around for life. She is funny, witty, smart, caring, inspiring – just the type of friend that everyone should have.


Happy Birthday Devyn! I am so glad that we are friends. You are spectacular!

1 comment:

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...