9.17.2011

Seven Randoms About Devyn

T'was the night before the big day, when all through the house not a creature was stirring not even a mouse.

The bags were packed and ready by the door, anxious to go in hopes that go-time would soon be there.

The special girl was nestled all snug in her bed while visions of yet another birthday danced in her head.

When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter, she sprung from my bed to see what was the matter.  Right to the window she flew like a flash, she tore open the shutters and threw up the sash!

When what to her wondering eyes did appear, than a pimped out pink Cadillac with spinner wheels and KM bedazzled on many surfaces!

A stiletto-ed leg was the first to exit the chariot, and KM pelted a paper airplane that hit the special girl square between her eyes and this is what it said...

"PUT THIS ON YOUR BLOG $&@%$!!!"

...and so she did...
image here

Seven Randoms About Devyn 
by KM

6 years I have known Devyn. I still remember making her a birthday card in culinary school when we first met. I have been lucky enough to celebrate the past six birthdays with her, whether we were in Tucson, Phoenix or Vegas. When she told me about her birthday week theme, and asked me if I wanted to do a post, I thought of course....but what to do...so many themes I could do. Finally I decided that I couldn't just pick one. So my post is just random Devyn. I am thankful for all she has brought into my life especially her family who has adopted me as their own and been one of the best things about being in Arizona. She has been such an amazing friend to me, that I hope these things make her smile a little bit. Happy birthday Squish!

1. Ask Devyn to wink. She is definitely getting better than when I first tried to teach her, but it still needs a little work. I am pretty sure I break out into laughter every time I see her wink. I tried to teach her by telling her to close both eyes and then just open one. She closed both eyes and then deer in headlights opened both...ask her to do it...I promise you will laugh.

2. Road trips. Devyn and I have gone on many road trips. Of course, she does all the driving which I am eternally thankful for. We have gone to Tucson more times than I can count. Disneyland for a weekend. Utah for the day, just because. Sedona, Flagstaff and other random places just because we were bored one day and wanted an adventure. Vegas multiple times. We saw the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile on the Hoover Dam people. Awesome music, awesome snacks and awesome conversations.

3. Devyn loves t-shirts. She has tons of them. My favorite that she owns is one that says "Teach me how to Domo". Makes me laugh every time I see it. She also loves Domo, if you didn't know that then you fail as her friend =]

4. She is one of the smartest, selfless people that I know. Her whole family is so smart it is ridiculous...and Dev usually says she is the dumb one of her family. She has been my nerd herd, my accountant, my financial planner, my roommate, my landlord, my driver, my therapist, my everything. She would drop anything to help those who really matter to her, I am thankful everyday that I am one of those people.

5. Ask her to say "Hefeweizen". Hi.lar.ious.

6. She has taught me so much. She has been with me through culinary school, a move to Vegas, a move back to Phoenix and multiple moves around Phoenix. We have moved 5 times together. Without her, I wouldn't have been as successful in school, in my first pastry job in Vegas or the job I have now.

7. She is the ying to my yang. If you break us down, we are total opposites. She likes romantic comedies, I like action. She dresses casual, I dress up. She likes electronics and fixing things, I like sports and beer. We balance each other out. We keep each other grounded and boost each other up. She is the sister I never knew I wanted, but so happy she came into my life.


A note from the editor to KM:  Your methods of blog entry delivery are questionable yet entirely effective.  Thank you so much for this entry!  Devyn appreciates the kind words and is only slightly embarrassed at the secrets you have unleashed on the poor readership.  As always, I truly enjoy your writing and look forward to many more birthdays and signature KM entires! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...