9.11.2011

Seven Thoughts Ten Years Later





I was really conflicted about posting anything today.  I considered skipping the day completely.  I contemplated creating a cheesy image with cliche words on it. 

I kept coming back to this picture.  I remember how my heart dropped when I first saw it all those years ago.  It still stops me dead in my tracks and I know I'm not alone feeling that.  I  chose to post this picture, as it evokes some pretty strong emotion among Americans, even now, 10 years later.

I was going to skip the words all together, but as I sat down to post a single photo, I felt compelled to tell you seven things.  I know we all remember exactly where we were when we heard the news.  I know it affected everyone and in many different ways but when I stop to think back 10 years, this is what comes to my mind. 

Seven Thoughts About Ten Years Ago


  • Ten years ago I was just barely a teenager, a freshman in high school who's biggest concern was where her favorite jelly bracelets were and just how many rings was too many.  
  • Ten years ago I was on a bus on my way to school listening to horrified newscasters attempt to maintain composure and convey messages without sending the country into a panic. 
  • Ten years ago I found my American pride amongst the heroes and the victims and the sense of community that I felt for a solid year afterward.  It still dwells in me. 
  • Ten years ago I lost my faith in people.
  • Ten years ago I realized how the good people can outweigh all of the awful people.
  • Ten years ago my lifelong faith in God was tested and I'm not sure it ever fully recovered.
  • Ten years ago I became obsessed with news coverage and seriously considered a career in journalism and now ten years later I am writing a silly daily blog. 
Thank you for stopping by today. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...