9.25.2011

Seven Characters From The Lion King

Hey you, how are you? 

Thank you for reading, I appreciate it very much.  Keep comin' back!


So, The Lion King is in theaters again.  This means you should stop reading this right now and go catch it on the big screen.

A major favorite of mine my whole childhood and still a movie I watch pretty often.  I've never met anyone who doesn't like this movie.  There are so many levels and it appeals to all people in one way or another.

I saw it today, guys.  It was amazing.  Honestly,  I had almost no expectations and it blew my mind.  A movie whose characters graced my bedsheets as a kid, it should be good, right?  Yep, it was good.  It was so good it was GREAT.  Its only on for another week so go check it out while you have the chance. 

The chance to see it on the big screen is worth the ten bucks it might cost.  So very worth it, ya'll.  I can't even put into words how it made me feel (obviously).  So I'm gonna tell you about my favorite characters and hope the words come to me.


Seven Favorite Characters From The Lion King

  • Rafiki.  Easily my favorite character by FAR.  Such a crazy dude, I wanted one when I was younger and want to be like him now.  He was a respected character and in with the right people.  He somehow knew that Simba was alive at the exact moment they needed him the most and he motivated that stubborn lion to return to his home and destiny.  Also his crazy songs and dancing make me feel a little better about myself when I'm home alone. 
  • Timon.  To me as a kid I was so very annoyed with him and his voice.  As I grew up I learned to love and appreciate Nathan Lane's amazing vocal abilities.  He's a wiseguy and a true wise guy.  Also he's friends with Pumba so he can't be too bad, right?
  • Pumba.  I love this guy!  I love when he sings "I'm a sensitive soul though I seem thick skinned" because it pretty much sums me up.  Also that's like the best song to belt when you are in the car.  Or shower.  Or semi empty movie theater as a 24 year old. 
  • Simba.  Most adorable lion cub, turns into a cute lion kid who then runs away.  Then he meets two awesome creatures.  He avoids his past(who hasn't).  Eventually he goes back to his destiny and real life.  He also gets the girl and the handsome lion looks.  Go Simba!
  • Nala.  Easily the most awesome lioness ever.  She kicked Simba-cub's butt when they were kids.  She kicked his butt again when he was Simba-man.  I love me a strong woman.
  • Mufasa.  Do I need to tell you why he's awesome?  He is Mufasa!  DUH!
  • Scar. Bad, bad lion.  Clever, evil man.  I admire some great creativity and smart leadership over the masses.  Is that wrong?  So sue me.
Who are your favorite characters from The Lion King? That bird thing?  Wished it had flew in front of my windshield.  Said it.  Meant it. 

3 comments:

  1. I have soooooooooo missed the lion king fo rthe last 6 years. I have been so mad at myself for not buying it when it was out and am totally stoked to FINALLY own it! I also love the Lion King, but for some reason my kids refuse to watch it! When we were on vacation earlier this summer I kept offering Caleb movies I knew he didn't like and the Lion King and he would NOT pick it! We had to watch some super stupid movies unfortunately...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah B.7:49:00 PM

    I saw it and sang along to every song, cried, laughed, and smiled like a lil kid again. I LOVE the Lion King! You don't like Zazu??? I love when he sings in his jail cell :)

    However I did note that the hyenas do their "laugh" when they are happy in this movie which is the opposite of life...yes I know this movie is not really all factual! The laugh means they are mad...they actually "moo" when happy. lil tidbit from me to you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the knowledge, Mrs B!

    Zazu was my least fave...

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...