9.07.2011

Seven Favorite GIlmore Characters

Hello and welcome back to TV Week!  

Today I am taking a look at one of my all time favorite shows: Gilmore Girls.  Where are my fellow fans at?  I know you're out there!

I never get tired of this show and the fantastic characters make that easy.  Best show ever? Maybe.

My Favorite Gilmore Girls Characters - A Double List


I have loved this show as long as it has existed. We have a deep romance. I kinda love all of the characters on the show so instead of picking favorites, I have decided to tell you why I love them.

In case you were wondering, I do not like one character in particular. His name is Taylor Doose. He was in about ⅓ of all of the episodes. That was too many for me. I know why he was there, he brought the drama and the bizarre elements of Stars Hollow, but that doesn’t mean I had to like him!

Ladies
  • Lorelai - The fast talking sarcastic mother to Rory. She’s snarky, smart, and strong. All qualities I aim for in my own life.
  • Rory - The book obsessed granddaughter to Emily and Richard. She is her mother’s pride and joy, is loved by all and was someone I looked up to in high school and my brief college experience.
  • Emily - The wife to Richard. She annoys her daughter, but loves her. She is adored by her granddaughter and husband and always has her act together. She reminds me of some people in my life.
  • Paris - The frenemy to Rory. She was so crazy and just bonkers that I wanted my own Paris. Then I realized I was the best of her as my own Paris. Smart, awkward, anxious and obsessive.
  • Lane - The BFF of Rory. This show, and Lane Kim’s room were where I fell in love with wood floors and secret floorboard hiding secrets. I just need to move to a place where they build floors on joists and not concrete. More importantly she was a great friend to Rory, a quality I hadn’t appreciated until just a few years ago.
  • Sookie - The chef of the Dragonfly Inn. She was Lorelai’s best friend and just a creative kooky character. She was played by one of the most hilarious people on the planet, so that helped. I always love her crazy explanations.
  • Lorelai Sr. - This is Richard’s mom, Rory’s great grandmother. She was such a meanie to Emily! She was a matriarch and a strong woman. I have a few strong women in my life that she reminds me of.
Gents
  • Richard - The father of Lorelai. He adored Rory and she could never do wrong in his eyes. I loved that relationship because it was so very similar to mine. Both of my grandfathers love me and short of some heinous crime, I don’t think I could ever make them mad!
  • Luke - The man in the plaid with the blue hat. The season where he’s with Lorelai can make almost any woman fall in love with him. Am I right ladies?
  • Dean - The bag boy of Rory’s eye. The perfect first boyfriend. I spent many years looking for him. Still haven’t found one quite like him...minus the jealousy issues.
  • Jess - The bad boy of Rory’s eye. He was the crooked smiled bad boy we have all encountered in our lives and absolutely worthy of daydreams. Am I right ladies?
  • Max - The ex fiance of Lorelai. She sure went through the fellas! He was Rory’s teacher which was a little awkward but he and Lorelai were so good together in my opinion. He wasn’t afraid of a strong woman, which is yet another quality in a man I am hunting for!
  • Christopher - The father to Rory. This was Lorelai’s first love and I always loved him because he was sarcastic and smart and incredibly attractive. Except when his personality made him ugly, then I just relied on his looks. Am I right ladies?
  • Logan - The sexy college boyfriend to Rory. Look at his picture:

Do I need to say anything else?

Didn’t think so.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a diehard fan.....I think I've seen the entire series at least 6 or 7 times. My favorite character was Paris, especially when she dated Doyle. I thought they were hilarious together. I thought Logan was extremely attractive but I'm so glad Rory didn't end up with him. I will never forgive the sixth and seventh season writers for messing with Luke and Loralai. Why couldn't they have just gotten the happy ending they deserved?! (can you tell I'm passionate about this?) My most hated character? Luke's daughter. The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Herc votes for Kirk. The show wouldn't have been the same without his omnipresent eccentric self. Bonus trivia: Sean Gunn, the actor who portrayed Kirk, originally appeared in the second episode of the series as another character.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh I Love them all!!! You are the one who introduced me to this amazing, wonderful, life changing show!!

    I can and do watch Gilmore all day long sometimes..drives Mike mad but its sooo worth it!

    Great Post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah! Tell mike I'm sorry, tell Alexa you're welcome and keep on keeping on!

    Such a great show I could probably write an entire fansite. I'd love to hear your take on some of your faves vs. Least faves.

    ...but you have a good out if I ever asked you to write a post...so I guess I won't ask!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...