9.22.2011

Seven Best Potato Fries





Wednesday again, ya'll!

Why do people call Wednesday hump day?  I will not google this...I want my readership to explain it to me.

I love Wednesdays but don't like that nickname for them...maybe I need to understand it better.

Today I am gonna go back to my fast food ways and discuss fries.  Nothing pairs better with a burger.  NOTHING.

Sometimes KM and I would go on a fast food picnic and get burgers from one place, fries from another, and beverages from another and dessert from a fourth.  It was a fun way to spend time and enjoy a meal in the car and expand our waistlines.  I need to patent the idea, so much fun - try it!

Without further ado, here they are!

Seven Best Potato Fries:
 
  • Chik Fil A's Waffle Fries.  These fries have some (potato) meat to them!  They're perfectly salty and have a high crispy to tender ratio which puts them one step closer to perfection.  You must try these, you'll wonder what you were waitng for.
  • Arby's Curly Fries.  How do they do it?  How do they make them curly like that?  My family has a strong Arby;s tendency for many reasons but nobody can tell me how they curl them.  And why does every order only have like two of the perfect 4 inch long corkscrew ones?  A rip off.  What's the spices?  So gosh darn good, why is it only 9am?
  • Eegee's Crinkle Cut Fries.  A Tucson staple, enjoyed with your sub from the same place and a fruity slushy Eegee.  Great, and now I've drooled all over the keyboard.
  • McDonald's.  Do I need to describe these to you? They;are the most consistent fries and are often oversalted(love it).  Nothing makes a better snack than these with an ice cold coke.  Yep, I said it. 
  • Fuddrucker's Potato Wedges.  My family used to go here for a lot of our life celebrations and I haven't been in years...like 5?  I have this image in my mouth and taste on my tongue of how I remember this place.  Afraid it won't stand up to my expectations but still willing to try again!  These wedges are much meatier than the waffle fries but seasoned with magic and finished off with some wonder.  SO FREAKING GOOD!  (Why do I do this to myself?)
  • Honey Bear's Sweet Potato Fries.  Best sweet potato fries I've ever had. Probably lose the entire healthier aspect of the sweet potato in how they are prepared and seasoned but I'll be damned if its not completely worth it.  Never had sweet potato fries?  This is a good place to start. Let's go.
  • Five Guys Cajun Fries.  You can get your potato fix here in one of two ways: regular or Cajun.  Well what is cajun?  Its spices and herbs.  It lingers.  It makes you eat more.  I don't know what it is but I do know that its de.lish.us.  And going with my melt in your mouth burger there its pretty much a slice of heaven here in the land of concrete and pavement. 

Did I miss any?  Do you have a problem with my list?  Take to the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...