9.10.2011

Seven Beloved Shows From The 90s

Howdy!

Can't complete TV week yet! 

Not without a post about the great television from the nineties.  KM is our resident expert on that, and she's here today to tell you all about her favorites! 

Sit down, buckle up and hang on tight, KM is driving!


Seven Beloved Shows From The 90s

Pepper Ann- Also most of ABC's One Saturday Morning. Including Recess and Doug. I loved these shows. I used to wake up in the morning,  fix some Eggo waffles and sit and watch OSM. Pepper Ann was more geared towards girls, always entertaining. Recess was amazing. Kids getting into all sorts of shenanigans. I loved the Ashley's. And Doug, well really doesn't need an explanation. Patty Mayonnaise was awesome. Kids cartoons suck compared to these. For reals.

Clarissa Explains It All- Melissa Joan Hart in her teen years. She narrated this show, talking to you, the viewer. Her family was crazy and her best friend, Sam, always used a ladder and climbed through her bedroom window....kinda weird in hindsight but also kinda cool. I loved her clothes...they were so wacky but made her, her.

The Secret World of Alex Mack- Do you remember this show? Do you know who Alex Mack is? Larisa Oleynik. She was in 10 Things I Hate About You. Do you know what GC-161 is? It's the chemical in the truck that almost hits her and gives her super powers. She could like zap light out of her fingers and turn into this silver liquid....this show should come back as reruns.

California Dreams- Not many people know this show. If you do, you move to the top of my list. It came after the amazing show Saved By The Bell. But that's a different topic. This was about a random array of high school kids who had a band....called the Dreams...it took place in California....can you guess why it has the title it does? I didn't like Sly...he really creeped me out.

Dharma and Greg- I loved this show. My mom and I used to watch it together. A quirky free spirit sees a handsome uptight lawyer at the train station. They lock eyes, go have pie and get married. They moved in with each other and have to deal with each others different lifestyles. Every character was interesting and hilarious in their own ways.

TGIF including Boy Meets World, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Two of a Kind, Hangin' with Mr. Cooper- Raise your hand if you loved TGIF*raises hand*. I know this is cheating because its not just one show but i cant just pick one. First, Boy Meets World....who was not in love with Sean? I know I was. And Topanga was hilarious and had an awesome name. LOVE THIS SHOW. Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Melissa Joan Hart in her mid to late teenage years. She was a witch and going through high school...not easy. But she had a hot friend/boyfriend in Harvey. Plus the totally real looking cat, Salem. Ok Two of a Kind was a show with Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. I loved anything with them in it. A single dad raising twins who get a "nanny" who helps take care of the girls. And finally, Hangin' with Mr. Cooper. An ex NBA player moves in with his two friends and becomes a substitute teacher. You know what I remember most about this show....in-between scenes, cars would drive by and there would be colorful little squiggles behind the cars...don't ask me why I loved this, but I did.

Walker Texas Ranger- ok so I know that this is a really odd show for a kid to watch....but I absolutely LOVED this show. I was head over heels for Chuck Norris, pre Chuck Norris jokes. I used to go up to the tv and kiss it when he came on. So weird, but I am what I am. You can make fun of me all you want but the fighting scenes were kick ass and the plot wasn't too bad.


Sooo...she kissed the TV...did you? I never did.  Strange girl... she also said she had to "fix" waffles.

WERE THEY BROKEN KM????

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, KMO. Herc's Naughty Nineties nightly viewings were Parker Lewis Can't Lose, In Living Color, Married With Children, Murphy Brown, Designing Women, Fresh Prince Of Bel Air, Roseanne, Coach, Wonder Years, Doogie Howser MD, The Simpsons, Cosby Show, Cheers, Evening Shade, Night Court, Wings, Twin Peaks, Empty Nest, ROC, Northern Exposure, Blossom, Home Improvement, Dinosaurs, Anything But Love, Seinfeld, Herman's Head, Mad About You, Martin, Bob, Living Single, Grace Under Fire, Fraiser, Adventures Of Brisco County Jr, NYPD Blue, Ellen, Chicago Hope, Friends, ER, The X-Files, Cybil, Pinky & the Brain, Animaniacs, Ned and Stacey, NewsRadio, The Drew Carey Show, Murder One, Caroline In The City, American Gothic, 3rd Rock From The Sun, Spin City, Suddenly Susan, Clueless, Everybody Loves Raymond, Nash Bridges, Dark Skies, The Pretender, Profiler, King Of The Hill, Ally McBeal, Just Shoot Me, Veronica's Closet, The Practice, That 70s Show, King Of Queens, Dream On, Sports Night, Two Guys A Girl and a Pizza Place, Charmed...well pretty much every show as you can see! Herc didn't get out much in the Nineties with his own "Full House"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More KMO! Less HERC!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...