9.06.2011

Seven Television Shows That I Miss

Hey, Hi, Hello There!

What are your thoughts on TV Week?  About themed weeks in general? Let me know.  

TV week continues today and we are looking into the past - through my eyes.  I took a little stroll down memory lane and dug up my favorite tv shows that no are no longer in production.  You can find a couple of these on cable in syndication. 

Seven Television Shows That I Miss 

Gilmore Girls.
What can I say about this show? 7 seasons, 6 of them were amazing and one was just okay but needed because it tied up all the loose ends. Amy Sherman-Palladino’s masterminded mother daughter comedy/drama was the best show! Easily one of my all time favorite shows ever. I have seen all 7 seasons more than 7 times. The fast paced banter, witty dialogue and subtle sarcasm is pretty much everything I could want in a television show. If you have never seen it, please go watch it. It appeals to men too, promise!

The Unusuals. Only ten episodes of this dark comedy were ever made. A police show, with a dark comedy vibe going on. I personally believe this show was never given a chance to get better and work out the kinks. It was canceled before it had the opportunity. Very worthwhile to watch the ten episodes. Jeremy Renner and Amber Tamblyn made this show for me, but it was just so good! Maybe I’m crazy.

Friends. If you didn’t like this show, I’m not sure we can be friends anymore. It set so many standards and broke so many records and was just such a trailblazer! I was pretty young when it began but that didn’t stop me from catching up and eventually owning all 10 seasons and watching them all at least 4-5 times. Then came Gilmore Girls and my obsession never grew to an unhealthy level. My favorite friend? Chandler Bing.

Pushing Daisies. 22 episodes. That’s it. Might be one of the best shows I have ever seen and I was so sad to see it end. I own both of the seasons now and I watch them but never in order. Just in a random sort of order so that I don’t see the end coming. I have to fool myself. Anyways Lee Pace’s character touches things and they come back to life, then touches them again and they go back to being dead. He uses it to save fruit that is rotting and then make it into pies as his day job. Then he moonlights as an investigator, using his talents to ask dead people who killed them. Sounds crazy, but you gotta watch it.

Eli Stone. Two short but sweet seasons of this legal drama. A big time lawyer with a brain aneurysm who sees things in musical numbers. George Michael was a big theme throughout the first season and a couple of his songs were performed. It was really cool, because the actors actually danced and sang. It was completely unrealistic but incredibly AWESOME!

Rugrats. I think about this show often and the theme song takes me back! Sometimes you can even find it late at night or early in the morning. To me, I long for the time of my life when this was my only worry in the world: missing Rugrats. That being said, its still a great show even to this day. The stories are simple and there is often a message to take away. They just don’t make shows like this anymore!

Veronica Mars. Three short seasons were nowhere near enough of this great show, in my opinion. I know we followed her through the end of high school and into college. I know shows need to die eventually before they need to be killed. Kristen Bell’s portrayal of the namesake and the supporting characters were just wonderful! Weevil, Keith Mars, Logan Echolls, Mac, oh man. I’m getting misty eyed just thinking about how great this show was. There was once talk of a follow up movie, but its just talk at this point.

I gotta go, I need to find all of my DVDs and have a marathon now.  Toodles!

2 comments:

  1. I have recently become a fan of Arrested Development. I am still working my way through Season 1. SO FUNNY! I also super miss Boy Meets World. I am however, also a HUGE fan of Gilmore Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED Pushing Daisies!! I was so f-ing upset when I heard it got cancelled but it didn't surprise me.. the show got hit hard when the writers went on strike.. it never quite recovered from that. I loved it when Olive Snook sang Hopelessly Devoted to you.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbe1m30RS8c Love Kristin Chenoweth!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep it friendly, friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...